“Excellent Salmon”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I had lunch at the Sweet Onion, and I ordered their grilled Salmon accompanied with two sides, fried okra and cole slaw. I asked for the mango salsa to be put on the side, instead of on the salmon, which was not a problem. The mango salsa was actually delicious, with chopped mango, tomato, cilantro, and some kind of spicy sauce that had a nice bite to it. The grilled salmon was absolutely wonderful, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes salmon. Prior to your meal being served, the server also provides an ample amount of their bisuits, which are delicious as well. They are crunchy on the outside and soft and warm inside. A nice appetizer while your meal is prepared. The wait is not long at all for the meal. The restaurant opens for lunch at 11:30 weekdays. Excellent food and service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The is a favorite among tourist. There will always be long Wait Even When You Make Reservations. Not a lot of poultry on the menu. To me a local here there are better restaurants. Always ask a local.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and sat at the empty bar with my wife as there was a small wait for the dining room. Practically every server stopped to chat for a few seconds as they made their customer's drinks. As a tourist, I always interview the local servers about where they eat to find the hidden gems. Restaurant people know where the good places are. The food and service at The Sweet Onion are top notch. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on anniversary trip me and the wife took to Maggie Valley. I had seen this restaurant the last time we came and wanted to try it. The staff is very friendly. We got right in and had a table by the window which we loved. They start you off with some garlic/ cheddar biscuits and some lemon herb butter. Very good! I order the trout that came in a lemon butter Cream sauce and the wife got country style steak. Both were great. You should give this place a try.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Sweet Onion features a variety of dishes, mostly American cuisine. The food is good, as is the service. We've been there a number of times for dinner and were always pleased and satisfied. Going during the rush times can mean a longer wait for a table, so go between rushes or after 7. We recently had lunch at Sweet Onion and the food exceeded our expectations.