“Fabulous Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to this restaurant for lunch while on vacation the food and service were excellent. I tried their onion soup which was totally different from other restaurants and their bruschetta was out of this world. Will definitely visit this restaurant on my next visit to Waynesville, I do recommend calling ahead for reservations as the wait can be a little long .

There are newer reviews for The Sweet Onion

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place is always packed and for good reasons...great food, bistro atmosphere and great value.

My latest visit was early October and tourist season. I had their BBQ special of the day and it was so yummy. Service was attentive. Large windows had views of downtown. Lump crabcake is pure crab & the best I have had in the mtn area.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The tri tip roast was very salty. Chicken salad was average. Our State magazine endorsed this restaurant but it is not the best in town.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Terrific food and service. We enjoyed the cheese biscuits, Onion encrusted meatloaf, trout and mushroom ravioli. The salad was fresh and had lots of caramelized pecans on top. Good size portions with 2 sides included with most entrees.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I have dined at the Sweet Onion twice now for lunch, and both times it was delicious! I got the Salad Nicoise and my husband got the meatloaf with mac and cheese and collard greens. Service was great (even though the place was packed), the food was fresh, and the bottle of wine we shared was reasonably priced. One of these days we'll go for dinner. I'm sure we won't be disappointed!