“Best seafood in Waynesville”

Maggie's Galley Oyster Bar
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "What great seafood!" We hear that all of the time and we are thankful to our diners. Great seafood in the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina just a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Come join us at our new location just off of the Great Smoky Mountain Expressway (US Hwy 23) and see what everyone is talking about. From our full bar including beer and wine to appetizers, delicious entrees, and our house-made desserts, we are proud to serve you with our courteous wait staff in comfortable dining. We serve weekday lunch specials, and our full menu every evening and weekends with a special Sunday brunch.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Best seafood in Waynesville”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I had stopped going to the old location but decided to give the new site a try. What a pleasant surprise! We have eaten here a couple of times now and have not been disappointed with any of our choices. The food is well prepared and the service is very good. This is our choice for seafood in the Waynesville area.

Woodstock, Georgia
“Coastal seafood in the Smoky Mountains”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Excellent seafood at reasonable prices. New location does not have the charm of the old location but the food is just as good.

Sarasota, Florida
“Totally Yum!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Trying to get my parents out of their comfort zone and off the farm (deep in the hills of Upper Crabtree) on a Friday night can be a daunting task......that is until I mention Maggie's Galley. I don't think I've ever seen those two kick off their muddy boots for dress shoes so fast. They love Maggie's Galley and so do I. We could have gone to Asheville to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary, but NO! Maggie's Galley is where they wanted to go. The perfection of the night began with a great parking spot (on a Friday night!) then 3 seats at the bar opened up as we walked in (on a Friday night!). The bartender is the only sore spot of the evening. She either hates her job or hates people because she was icy! Not very friendly or efficient to anyone sitting at the full bar. Word at the bar between the regulars was that she was like that all the time. WHAAAAT? good grief, you'd think the owners would like someone much more personable at their awesome restaurant. 35 minutes later we were seated at the table and immediately ordered two dozen oysters. One word: YUM! wait, two words: Totally YUM! The parental units ordered Shrimp Alfredo and one pound of peel-n-eat shrimp while I could not get enough of the oysters and ordered the fried oyster dinner. Our server was very attentative to us and very friendly; she was a total sweetheart to my parents.
Thank you Maggie's. The new location, the space inside the restaurant, parking..... well done. When I'm back in NC visiting my folks, I will certainly dangle the perverbial golden carrot known as Maggie's Galley to get them off that Upper Crabtree Mountain.

1 Thank pouncequick
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Best in the area!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

After living in Florida for 30 years, we moved to the Waynesville area in 2012. Tonight we decided to give Maggie's a try; and Boy Howdy was that a good decision! The Blue Point Oysters were Briney and fresh tasting, the chowder was creamy and packed with clams, shrimp and crab. The Greek dressing is flavorful and authentic. My wife had the Lobster, and she was delighted with both the size of the tail and the flavor. My gator was the most tender and juicy lizard I have ever eaten. We finished by splitting a piece of black walnut pie :) Service was fast and friendly and the atmosphere nice. ( I will reserve comment regarding the behavior of the people at surrounding tables since it is no reflection on the establishment). The prices are very reasonable given the quality of the food; right at $100.00 including tip, and worth every penny! Remember I said we are from Florida? I have paid far more for worse food down there. This is the best seafood I have ever had!

2 Thank Mark G
Maggie Valley
“Extremely disappointed!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I used to eat at Maggie's galley before they moved and I believe it has only gone downhill from there. I ordered an APPETIZER size gator bites and a bowl of chowder and it cost me almost $20. Not only have they doubled their prices since moving but the quality of the food is some of the worst I've had at a seafood restaurant. I've now had the calamari and the alligator bites and both were from a bag and frozen. The seafood chowder, almost all cream. Extremely disappointed. I will not be going back and do not recommend eating here if you are looking for quality seafood.

2 Thank AnnMaggieValley