“Another great meal.”

Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Waynesville
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every time we go we leave raving about our meal. I have never been disappointed. Took some friends this last time and they have sworn they will go back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had friends who had told us about the Chef's Table. We stopped by and made a reservation for the following evening. Our server, David could not have been nicer. the complimentary warm homemade bread with homemade hummus was great. My husband kept raving about how good his tuna was. And my pasta was really good too. I had never eaten at a restaurant that made their own pasta and only cut it up as a dish was ordered. We can't say enough good things about this restaurant. We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had celebrated our 50th anniversary with family a week earlier, but went off by ourselves for the weekend after. We stayed in Balsam, but chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. (We had been to Waynesville once before, on our honeymoon.) Our dinner was mostly wonderful. My pork tenderloin was not as tender as I wished, but everything else was so good that I didn't mind. My husband's scallops were the best he ever had!

Our meal was rather noisy, but we think that it was because of a table of eight women near us, rather than the fault of the restaurant. We think that we may have found the back room a little quieter and more appealing, but we were not unhappy with what we had. Our waiter was quite attentive, and the menu choices were very good. I'm sorry that we felt we couldn't eat dessert. We will go back for other special dinners when we're in the area or nearby.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Got a last minute reservation on a Saturday night with a late seating. The night's dinner special ran out one table ahead of us, as well as the risotto. This impacted not only our appetizer choice, the goat cheese risotto balls, we had heard so much about, but also my dinner selection as risotto was the starch being served with the grouper I wanted to try. We had to compromise on a different appetizer and opted for the recommendation of our waiter, Shane. We had calamari, which was lightly battered and fried to a golden perfection and sat on a plate of lemon drizzle. It was delicious. My husband had the deconstructed lasagna which he really enjoyed as I did the grouper. I was fortunate to be able to have the fresh pasta in place of the risotto. We had the yummy carrot cake for dessert as a celebration of our anniversary. Get a reservation here soon and I know we will be back on our next trip to Waynesville!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Can't really comment on this restaurant. After calling and leaving a request for a reservation, called back to find that we didn't have one. Didn't care for the guy's attitude on the phone. would probably not try to dine there again. Plenty of other places around that would appreciate the business.