“Chef's Table”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Franklin, North Carolina
“Chef's Table”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Again, wonderful meal, great service. The restaurant is not big (that's good), the menu is extensive (also good) and the wine list was great. Our server suggested the special wine--thanks.

• Visited October 2012

NC
“Food was great - service was so-so”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Definitely a popular restaurant, so be sure to make reservations. We both ordered a homemade pasta dish, which tasted fresh and unique.... Very filling though. We also spoke with the chef and saw how all of their items are made to order. Unfortunately the service was off this evening. I have no problem waiting for food, and in fact know good food takes time, but we did not see our server any other time other than when she brought our food. It took 15 minutes for a server to approach us after being seated!

Worth a trip, but don't plan on less than 90 minutes (without dessert!)

home
“wonderful”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We saved the best for last. The wait staff which was a young lady took very good care of us. She offered many tips on the menu and than checked on us after course. What my wife and I ordered was very good. The restaurant was very busy however we never felt rushed. Make reservations I saw one couple without them and was told it would a two hour wait. We will return.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank homeron
“Disappointing return”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Based on a fine meal during our last visit , we decided to return to the Chefs Table . We were promptly seated and drinks were ordered . It was a weeknight and not very busy . Our waiter during the meal , while not rude , seemed indifferent . He never offered to refill our water glasses, and did not inquire about our apps or salad . Service was so slow , that I did someting I rarely do ; I skipped dessert . The good news: the pasta and shrimp and grits were outstanding . As we left , the waiter looked our way and turned back to resume talking to a fellow employee without acknowledging our leaving . Sorry folks , it is the small things that matter . The third time won't be a charm.

2 Thank Flounder1109
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A hidden jewel in the NC mountains”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Make sure you skip lunch the day you plan to have dinner at the Chef's Table in downtown Waynesville. Chef Josh Monroe is a talented chef who serves huge portions of amazing food. I had the Pork Rib eye which was not only amazing, but I was only able to eat about half my meal. I asked our server if I got a free t-shirt or at least my name on their wall if I could finish the entire dinner. My wife had lobster ravioli which was also excellent. if you want to have a great meal, severed in a quaint restaurant by friendly servers and a talented chef, then the Chef's Table is your top choice in Waynesville.

Visited September 2012