“Great view, great menu with GF options”

Pisgah Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: .
Durham, North Carolina
“Great view, great menu with GF options”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a great late lunch after seeing the sites in Pisgah and greatly enjoyed the view. Having recently learned I can't have gluten, I was psyched that they had a great gluten-free menu.

1 Thank Marni H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Raleigh, NC
“Great views!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a fantastic salad here. It was huge with grilled chicken, pecans, cranberries, assorted lettuces and homemade balsamic vinagrette! India was our server & she was friendly, accommodating and sweet. The view of the mountains while we ate and from outside were breathtaking! A nice place to stop for lunch. Lots of folks were having trout, which I guess is their specialty.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank myrtlebeachlover72
Tampa, Florida
“excellent dining experience on the Blue Ridge Parkway”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I recently was camping for 5 nights around Mt Pisgah and hiking in Shining Rock and Middle Prong. I ate dinner twice and breakfast once at the PIsgah Inn. Service was very good to excellent, food was very good all 3 meals. I love hiking in the area and will be back next time I am up there....

• Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“outstanding view, service, food, price”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I first visited this restaurant as a teen in the 60's. Now I live in nearby Asheville and still go there . I'm told it has been under the same management all those years, and they have been doing a superb job. The view is unmatched, the restaurant not large, so every table in the pleasant dining room can share it. The food is excellent. Of course you can't please everyone all the time, but my husband has always praised his chops and steaks and I have always enjoyed my vegetarian choice. And where can you eat dinner with hot rolls, super service, beer /wine, and real linens for under $10? (food only, of course!) I just did, last night. Our local paper says the concession is coming up for bid. Please don't ruin a good thing, Park Service! These people have been doing it right for years. His thick pork chop ($14.95) was grilled just right with delicious spaghetti squash and a dinner salad featuring lots of ingredients, my grilled veggie wrap with cheese and fresh-cut fruit salad was truly gourmet and too big to finish. This place is just right - not too fancy and pricey for ordinary folks, but with luxury touches, and exotic nightly specials if that's what you want.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Liza M
Atlanta
“Lovely place”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been coming here since I was a small child. Every year we looked forward to the trip up the Parkway from Asheville through the tunnels to this lovely mountaintop restaurant. It really hasn't changed much since then, and that is a good thing. We just drove up for lunch. The French onion soup is as delicious as I remember. The salads that we had were also great. The other food and desserts coming out to other tables looked delicious also. If you want a nice drive through a really pretty section of the Blue Ridge Parkway with a nice meal at the end, this is the place. It's not fancy, but well worth the drive. Dinner entrees are excellent.

• Visited July 2014