“Good Food and Great View”

Pisgah Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food and service was very good, and the view is unbeatable. I'm not sure it's worth the drive if you aren't staying at the Inn, but if you are at the Inn you should definitely give it a try.

There are newer reviews for Pisgah Inn Restaurant

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stopped for lunch, then again for dinner later that day. Lunch was very good. Stuck with simple pulled pork and Monte Cristo sandwiches. Both were very good, but not outstanding. Watched a few people nearby ating off the specials and they all seemed content, but nobody raved.

For dinner we were off the hiking trails late and no other nearby options so we came back. I had the BBQ Ribs with Blueberry barbecue sauce which sounds like it should be sweet but was very strongly mustard tasting - not what I expected. However,the meat fell off the bone and didn't require a knife - a major plus. On the negative side, it was fairly fatty, as if it were not trimmed. Another plus was that they allowed a bowl of the french onion soup to count as a side (w/upcharge). It was good soup, especially coming in from the rainy trails, but nothing special.

The wife had the almond crusted mountain trout which she said was good, albeit unmoving. the grilled vegetable medley was, like everything else good, but not exciting. The baked potato was ... A baked potato.

My daughter chose a BLT with cheese and that might have been the best meal of us all. I tasted hers and it was properly done. Excellent bacon, nice fresh Romaine lettuce and swiss. Smple fare, but tasty.

Of course you cannot speak of the Mt Pisgah Inn without describing the fantastic views from the restaurant overlooking the valley below. We were treated to a pretty good lightning show and a lot of "Smoky Mountains" which led to a foggy drive back down the mountain. I wold definitely eat here again, but I would not detour a trip so I could eat here. Service was more than sufficient and friendly.

1  Thank Jupitom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our family went there for lunch and the scenery is incredible. One in our party enjoyed the barbecue and the walnut encrusted trout with the blueberry butter was superb!! The dinner rolls are wonderful as well and Ben our waiter was so friendly.

1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Located on the top of the world along the Blue Ridge Parkway, the view from the window-walled dining room and from the rockers on the back porch is unparalled.

Then there is the food. I have never had anything that was not tasty, well prepared and well presented. However, it is the char-broiled, local rainbow trout that I go for. Forget the "dress-up" treatments and go for the basic fish, and you won't be sorry.

We drove about 40 miles to get here for lunch, and if we come to the region again, we will do it again. In fact, the first time I came was about 10 years ago, and throughout those years the quality and the experience (and the trout) have not waivered, and so I expect they will not.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent choices in terms of price and variety of items. I am very fond of the fried chicken which I only eat when hiking. My husband loves the Salmon. Both of us say the fruit cobblers are wonderful.

1  Thank Craig-Amy624