“Fabulous hospitality, romantic setting.”

Inn at Iris Meadows
Ranked #10 of 19 Waynesville B&B and Inns
Raleigh
“Fabulous hospitality, romantic setting.”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Took my husband along on a business trip. Our hosts, the Fains, were incredibly friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning was a feast for our senses. Room was luxurious and romantic, perfect in every detail. Lovely old house on a hill, just a great spot in a cute town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2009

My daughter and I went to the Inn at Iris Meadows for our annual mother-daughter get away. We've gone to other B&B's and my husband and I have gone to other B&B's. But, we've never been to one like this. Inn at Iris Meadows is the perfect combination of fabulous hosts, beautiful and excellently maintained home, and wonderful food. We've found 2 out of 3 on plenty occasions, but this is the first time we've found 3 out of 3. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I recently stayed at Iris Meadows for the second time and I was even more delighted with it than I was the first time, although I hardly would have thought that possible. I loved the Mountain Mornings room where I stayed the first time--and still maintain it's a beautiful room--but the Garden View room where I stayed the second time was even more exceptional: You not only have an incredible view of the gardens from the room but you almost feel that you're in the gardens. It's serene, enchanting, I could go on. Plus, the ridiculously luxurious bathroom is like a private spa, complete with a heavenly steam shower that I had to tear myself away from.
As for the breakfasts, all three of the ones I had on my second trip were fantastic. The stuffed French toast, in particular, was as good a meal as any I've ever had at a b&b.
Becky and George are ideal innkeepers. They treated me like a king.
In sum, as the title says, Iris Meadows receives my highest recommendation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We simply needed a place to stay for the night to break up our drive from Savannah back home to Michigan. We found the Inn at Iris Meadows in the Select Registry and thought we would stop in, rest for the night and head out first thing the next morning. That all changed when we arrived at the inn. Walking around that magnificent porch to the main entrance while taking in the splendor of the mountains and then being greeted by Becky and George, owners and innkeepers, we knew we had arrived at an extraordinary place. We immediately decided to extend our trip and spend another day and night at the inn.

The inn itself is almost beyond description with its stunning furnishings and glorious gardens but rather than focus on the inn or the heavenly breakfasts served by Becky and George, we wanted to again express our deepest gratitude to them for the joyful experiences we had in their company and home. We have stayed at several B&B/Inns in many states and they all had lovely furnishings and tasty breakfasts. What sets the Inn at Iris Meadows apart from the rest is pure heart. We felt it the moment we were greeted by Scratch the dog and he led us to the main entrance. As soon as Becky and George said hello we knew they were special people. The warmth and love throughout the home is palpable. There is a peacefulness and sense of serenity surrounding the inn and the grounds. We felt as though we had arrived at a relative’s home and were treasured family members, not simply customers at an accommodations establishment.

Words do not do this place justice. You really need to experience it first hand. We fell in love with the inn, Becky, George and Scratch and are returning in October for the beautiful fall color season. What started as simply a place to stay for the night has become a place we will return to again and again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EALINDA09
Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Becky and George, the innkeepers at the Inn of the Iris Meadows are only two of the reasons you should stay here--the others include: the unbelievably delicious and sinful breakfasts (I loved the french toast), ironed sheets on your bed, a porch with rockers that beg to be used, and a wonderful community that is worthy of exploring. All of this makes a visit to Inn of the Iris Meadows a must if you are anywhere close. From the first warm hello to the time you drive away, you will have the time of your life.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Hartsville, SC
Reviewed May 6, 2009

The Inn at Iris Meadows is a true gem. The inn and the all the rooms are absolutely beautiful. The inn keepers [George & Becky] are wonderful, accommodating, and outstanding people. Indeed, they make the inn special. I guess that's why my wife and I continue to come back time and time again. If you're looking for a B&B in the NC mountains, treat yourself to a stay at the Inn at Iris Meadows! You just can't beat it...a beautiful town, wonderful scenery, great food, and special people. You will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
St Louis, MO
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I just left the corporate world and wanted to celebrate a major life transition with my friend of over 30 years. I found this Inn in Select Registry, and I couldn't have been more delighted with our experience! Becky and George are the ultimate hosts who would do anything possible to make the visit a memorable one. The breakfasts were among the most delicious breakfasts I've ever tasted. And although I'm not necessarily a dog lover, Scratch, their dog, certainly added a special dimension to the stay. Although it was too early for the irises to be in bloom, I know I'll be back with my husband or my two sisters in tow. What a gem to discover!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesville
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 8 in Waynesville
The Waynesville Inn, Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Inn at Iris Meadows? Share your experiences!