Inn at Iris Meadows
$60
$90
$87
Hotels.com
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn(Waynesville)(Great Value!)
BestWestern.com
$87
Travelocity
Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center(Lake Junaluska)(Great Value!)
Priceline
The Terrace at Lake Junaluska(Lake Junaluska)(Great Value!)
Pisgah Inn(Waynesville)
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2007

What a truly amazing place. This old restored mansion is like a museum. A wrap aound porch makes it a great place to sit and enjoy the scenery while talking to other guests and the inn keepers. A great place to relax and enjoy great gourmet breakfasts. There was so much food and it was so good that we never had lunch the whole time we were there. The inn @ Iris meadows is on 5 acres of land with great views of the Smokey's and the manicured lawns and gardens. The innkeepers, George and Becky are delightful people who fast become friends.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My wife and I travelled from Richmond to the Inn at Iris Meadows specifically to stay there for our 35th anniversary and visit the Biltmore while we were in the area. The Inn's decor and style outdid the Biltmore, certainly not in size, but in comfort and beauty. As soon as my wife entered the Inn, she was quickly taken back in memory to times when she visited with her grandparents' home and the comfort and warmth she felt as a young child. She especially loved the down comforter under which she quickly and soundly slept. The hospitality provided by the Fains was first rate and they immediately made us feel very welcome with a tour of the Inn and a sampling of some still-warm chocolate chip sour cream cake with fudge icing. Delicious!. We enjoyed two phenomenal breakfasts during our stay including homemade muffins, a granola/yogurt parfait, quiche, a variety of fresh fruits and stuffed French toast topped with whipped cream and a warm apricot sauce. Absolutely wonderful. Our great annivesary weekend experience was made even more enjoyable by the easy conversations we had with the hosts and the other guests and the friendly attention by the Inn's resident dog, Scratch. Definity a return visit is in order.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2007

From the moment we were welcomed on Friday evening by the beautiful "Inn at Iris Meadows" sign and drove down the winding driveway to view our beautiful destination until we left on Sunday, we savored every detail of our special anniversary weekend. We were welcomed by Innkeepers George and Becky Fain and Scratch, the dog and shown to our room that was as breathtaking as the mountain view from the inn's front porch. Next, we received a wonderful tour of the house and guest amenities that are provided, along with the aroma of a freshly baked chocolate cake. The breakfasts in the mornings were truly an experience. We've spent a king's ransom on fancy brunches that didn't hold a candle to the heavenly breakfasts from the Fain's kitchen. I am a very finicky eater but the quiche, homemade muffins, stuffed french toast, fruit parfaits and delicious hot coffee were incredible. The Fain's have a rare gift of making you feel like part of the "family". They are excellent conversationalists but never intrusive. You really feel as though your satisfaction and enjoyment are most important to them both. They are a wealth of information about most anything you could possibly wonder about the area and they go out of their way to be accommodating. They even arranged a special surprise for us upon our arrival from our daughter in Charlotte. We were so surprised at how small the world can be when we met the other guests at breakfast and enjoyed familiar conversations with total strangers. Leaving there reminded us of the feeling we have when we visit our parents and though it's time to leave, you're not quite ready to say goodbye. Better than finding a delightful place to stay when we travel to Waynesville, we've met new friends and look forward to many more delightful visits to the Inn at Iris Meadows.

Susan and Jim Langlois
Sumter, South Carolina

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2007

What a wonderful relaxing, serene, peaceful mini-vacation I had recently at The Inn at Iris Meadows. I have made plans (and reservations) to return in October.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2006

My husband booked a three night stay at this fantastic B&B for my Birthday, which happened to be over the Thanksgiving holiday so we could visit the Biltmore Estate. WHAT A TREAT! This place is absolutely amazing! The innkeepers, George and Becky are some of the nicest people I have ever met. The Inn is immaculate. Every room in the inn is beautiful and unique in its own way and you couldn't go wrong with ANY of them. We stayed in the Garden View Room, which has an amazing bathroom and a beautiful view. This should be on the front of a magazine! It has a fireplace with a large Jacuzzi tub and a STEAM shower. I felt like I was staying in a presidential suite but for a fraction of the cost. Becky and George are so attentive to your every need, but also know when to let you be. The breakfasts were fantastic and the location was peaceful and beautiful. I would stay her again and again! We had a very memorable time that I will cherish for years to come. I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many different types of accommodations and this is at the very top of my list! I highly recommend this if you are visiting NC for Hiking, relaxation, or to tour the Biltmore estate. It is only 20-30 minutes away. Enjoy!

Stayed: November 2005