“It used to be much better”

Angelo's Family Pizza
Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waynesville, North Carolina
“It used to be much better”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This used to be the place to go for good pizza in Waynesville, NC but I bought a take out pizza there the other day and was very disappointed. It was a mushroom, pepperoni and hot pepper pizza. Unfortunately the toppings were minimal, albeit there was a lot of cheese, and the mushrooms looked/tasted canned. Maybe I got them on a bad bad.

• Visited July 2012

Woodstock, GA
“Best Pizza”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

You have to give Angelo's a try! This is a family owned business that we have been going to for the past 16 years. Great pizza and wonderful family!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LindaTWoodstock_GA
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Dinner for 12”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

While our party was large the food was good, but the service was very, very slow. However, we loved the garlic bread.

Visited January 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good pizza, good service”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My parents took me to Angelo's for dinner on the first night I visited with them at their campground near Waynesville. The pizza was good, the crust was just right, the sauce tasty and the cheese was better than most places use these days. Service was great - fast and friendly. Looking forward to going back and trying some of their other dishes on my next visit.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 7065957575
High Point, North Carolina
“Decent food, good pizza.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This last trip was my second one to Angelo's. We were there same time last year. This year we met a friend for dinner. I had a peperoni pizza, my wife just had some garlic knots and our friend had, well, I can't remember but, he liked it. The pizza was as good as any other place. Not as good as the pizza I ate in Venice Italy but, tasty. This is not a five star place but, it's been consistent. The service is fast enough, the food is pretty good, the price is reasonable.

• Visited June 2012