“A staple of great food in Waynesville!”

Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #11 of 126 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Looking for a unique restaurant in Western North Carolina's Smoky Mountains? Look no further than Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, one of the greatest restaurants in Waynesville. We offer flame-grilled steaks, mouth-watering chicken entrees, delicious soups, and fresh salads. Our casual atmosphere in a rustic, old time setting provides just the right ambiance for a family get together, romantic dinner, or just a quick bite to eat. We take pride in our amazing food and exceptional service. Our wait staff is trained to ensure that any request can be met. Check out our menu and ask about some of our loyal customer favorites. We are famous for our flame-grilled steaks and our classic, juicy burgers. Have a sweet tooth? Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern desserts are out-of-this-world sweet and tasty. We have a passion for our local history, and we love to share that with our customers. Our walls are decorated with historic photos and pieces of history that tell the amazing story of our town. Be sure to check it out and learn a little local history! For a delicious meal and a peek into the fascinating history of Waynesville, stop by Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern. We look forward to making you a regular!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Long time go-to restaurant for Haywood county residents and visitors. Great steaks, salads, sandwiches, and burgers. Friday night prime rib special, get there early! Beer and wine only.

Kathryn M, Owner at Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much! Looking forward to having you back for another prime-rib -- hope you make it over soon!

Dakota Sneed

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always a difficult choice on Bogart's menu to make the final selection. This time I chose the Chicken Pasta Alfredo ... dessert was mentioned early on in the group and I decided to save some room for the Mixed Berry Cobbler, so ... I ate about 3/4 of my entree (and it was rich and creamy - should have stopped with half) ... then I dove into the cobbler. Just wonderful - both items. For just over a $20 bill plus tip ... I had a great dinner and dessert with a wonderful leftover for lunch the following day giving me more enough to satisfy. (And, fyi, it heated perfectly in the microwave and still tasted fresh and good.) Great meal and great value.

It's tough to beat chicken Alfredo and berry cobbler! Great to see you enjoyed it all from start to finish -- thank goodness for leftovers! Hope you'll be back soon for more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I absolutely love this place, they have the best food and the service is excellent. My husband and I always eat there when we visit the mountains for our anniversary.

We love when you and your husband are in town, Sharon! It's our pleasure to serve you during your trip -- it's something we look forward to. We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I decided to try something different, and boy am I glad I did. The pimiento cheese/fried green tomato sandwich was delicious. The restaurant is rather dark, and reminded me of Cracker Barrell décor, but the toy stuffed bears handing all over the rafters entertained my grandson.

Kathryn M, Owner at Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It's fun trying new things! Especially when that new thing is our pimiento cheese and fried green tomato sandwich. Looking forward to having you back soon for another one, or maybe something else that's new!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good local atmosphere. Great service as well. And in a good location. Food was great. Will go again when in the area.

Thanks for loving local as much as we do, Bonnie! It's our privilege to serve you, and we look forward to serving you again soon!