“local spot”

Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Looking for a unique restaurant in Western North Carolina's Smoky Mountains? Look no further than Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, one of the greatest restaurants in Waynesville. We offer flame-grilled steaks, mouth-watering chicken entrees, delicious soups, and fresh salads. Our casual atmosphere in a rustic, old time setting provides just the right ambiance for a family get together, romantic dinner, or just a quick bite to eat. We take pride in our amazing food and exceptional service. Our wait staff is trained to ensure that any request can be met. Check out our menu and ask about some of our loyal customer favorites. We are famous for our flame-grilled steaks and our classic, juicy burgers. Have a sweet tooth? Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern desserts are out-of-this-world sweet and tasty. We have a passion for our local history, and we love to share that with our customers. Our walls are decorated with historic photos and pieces of history that tell the amazing story of our town. Be sure to check it out and learn a little local history! For a delicious meal and a peek into the fascinating history of Waynesville, stop by Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern. We look forward to making you a regular!
southern california
“local spot”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

all the locals said this was the best steak in town...the place was very crowded and the staff are extremely friendly. ( seems the entire town is friendly which is nice) we had the rib eye and I have to say it was a good steak but certainly not the best...so my theory is, it may be the best steak in that town but not the best steak you will ever enjoy. No full bar, beer and wine only and the wine is Sutter Home...

port richey florida
“My steak tough, wifes fairly tender”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Another reviewer described their rib eye steak as shoe leather. I must agree. Bogart owes me an apology. However my wife loved her very tender Porter House Steak. We will go back soon, but not for the shoe leather. The service was excellent.

Asheville, NC
“Best filet I've ever had”
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Vegetarians will renounce their lifestyle if they taste the filet mignon served at Bogart's! This was probably the best filet I've ever tasted, cooked just right, tender, delicious flavor. I had a sweet potato with cinnamon-sugar and butter as well. It was very good. My husband had the filet and a delicious baked potato. The salads, although not made of more exotic greens, were very tasty. Service was truly accomodating and moved at exactly the right pace--not too quick and not too slow. We live in Asheville, about 45 minutes away, and will make a point of eating at Bogart's again.

3 Thank JeanieCM
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Staff, Good Food”
Reviewed March 13, 2006

Nice, family restaurant with friendly staff. The trout was suprisingly good. My mother in law had hamburger, which was fair. Father in law had chopped steak, which was a little tough. Definitely a local hangout and fun place to people watch.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved it!”
Reviewed November 17, 2005

Bogart's is one of my favorite places to eat in Waynesville. They have a nice atmoshere, the wait staff is always friendly and on top of their game, and the food is excellent. They have the best steaks in Waynesville.

JD Toler