“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups, Gluten Free
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Looking for a unique restaurant in Western North Carolina's Smoky Mountains? Look no further than Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, one of the greatest restaurants in Waynesville. We offer flame-grilled steaks, mouth-watering chicken entrees, delicious soups, and fresh salads. Our casual atmosphere in a rustic, old time setting provides just the right ambiance for a family get together, romantic dinner, or just a quick bite to eat. We take pride in our amazing food and exceptional service. Our wait staff is trained to ensure that any request can be met. Check out our menu and ask about some of our loyal customer favorites. We are famous for our flame-grilled steaks and our classic, juicy burgers. Have a sweet tooth? Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern desserts are out-of-this-world sweet and tasty. We have a passion for our local history, and we love to share that with our customers. Our walls are decorated with historic photos and pieces of history that tell the amazing story of our town. Be sure to check it out and learn a little local history! For a delicious meal and a peek into the fascinating history of Waynesville, stop by Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern. We look forward to making you a regular!
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to Bogart's on our first night in Waynesville and to be honest I could have eaten every meal there it was that good. Food and service was excellent and next time we are in Waynesville I will go back. Try the Broccoli Bites, they are great.

Visited March 2013

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Surprised by vegetarian selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A lot of our friends love this place for their food, atmosphere, and reasonable prices but I was concerned that they might not have any vegetarian selections. Boy, was I surprised when there were three selections on the burger page - portabello mushroom, Philly steak sans meat, and vegetarian medley. I got the mushroom and I wasn't disappointed albeit their hamburger buns don't stand up well to their juicy sandwiches. It would also be nice if they got some non-Bud beers on tap.

• Visited March 2013
Canton, North Carolina
“Always delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The steak is outstanding and most of the wait staff has been here for years. Definitely a reliable spot for a delicious meal and reliable service.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank knitter63
Waynesville, NC
“Disappointed. Sysco tub of BBQ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am local and have been to Bogarts a few times. What can I say, you get what you pay for. The restaurant is nicely decorated and is almost always busy. On a recent trip there I sat at the bar for lunch and ordered the BBQ sandwich. It was inedible, tasting sour and maybe old. I asked my bartender about it and she said " I was going to tell you not to order that, it comes right out of a Sysco tub.". Guess I should have stuck with a burger. The beer was cold and tasty though! I get the feeling that a lot of what they serve is pre-made, food service stuff. No bueno.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Commerce, Georgia
“Right on the Main Street in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stopped here on impulse and were glad we did. The food and service were very good. My husband had blackened salmon that he said tasted great. I had the fried portabello mushroom slices and sweet potato fries, again great. We each had a glass of the house Cabernet which we were pleased to find was a Lindemans, a good Australian wine that we often enjoy at home because the price is reasonable and the flavor is good. We had a glass of wine at the bar while waiting for our table but the bartender checked twice with the hostess and in no time we were seated In a booth close to the bar so we didn't have to go far carrying our wine glasses. Service was attentive yet unobtrusive. Value for money spent was excellent.

• Visited March 2013