“great meal-great value”

Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #6 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Looking for a unique restaurant in Western North Carolina's Smoky Mountains? Look no further than Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern, one of the greatest restaurants in Waynesville. We offer flame-grilled steaks, mouth-watering chicken entrees, delicious soups, and fresh salads. Our casual atmosphere in a rustic, old time setting provides just the right ambiance for a family get together, romantic dinner, or just a quick bite to eat. We take pride in our amazing food and exceptional service. Our wait staff is trained to ensure that any request can be met. Check out our menu and ask about some of our loyal customer favorites. We are famous for our flame-grilled steaks and our classic, juicy burgers. Have a sweet tooth? Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern desserts are out-of-this-world sweet and tasty. We have a passion for our local history, and we love to share that with our customers. Our walls are decorated with historic photos and pieces of history that tell the amazing story of our town. Be sure to check it out and learn a little local history! For a delicious meal and a peek into the fascinating history of Waynesville, stop by Bogart's Restaurant & Tavern. We look forward to making you a regular!
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Friendly atmosphere, excellent service, great food. Everyone seems to know each other.l Great home town restaurant.

1  Thank BBDUDE
Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

WOW what a good restaurant...Good selection of beers and an extensive menus. The steaks are as good as you will find in any up scale restaurant. The wait staff is friendly and helpful with the selections. Their mini-deserts are that needed touch for a finish to a great dining experience. Too many times I have paid much more and got much less. Bogarts does ti right......

2  Thank Gary A
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Six of us ate dinner here and we were all pleased with the food and service. The menu has many options. Noise level was only moderate. It has ample parking and is just on the edge of downtown Waynesville.

2  Thank RaleighNCtravel
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Stopped on trip - got here at 4 and parking lot almost full - great sign! Ambiance great - service amazing - steak awesome!!! Kids loved the kids menu. Family of 4 ate for $50 including tip. This will be a tradition now!!!

1  Thank Brad D
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just visted the area again to view the fall leaves. Anytime I even come near Waynesville, I plan my visit so a stop for dinner at Bogarts is possible. I have reviewed this restaurant before and all I can say is that it remains my most favorite restaurnt close to Asheville or Maggie Valley.
My last review here was even more complementary as I can't say enough about this place. The service, from the moment one walks in, to the time you are sat at the table to how fast your meal is broughtm to the constant service during the meal is just wonderful. How the ownership manages to maintain such consistency is amazing. My filet steak this trip was perfect; I could cut it with my fork.
The salads are cold and crisp and I just love the parmesan pepper ranch dressing. If they sold it at the door, I would buy a few bottles to take home. Even though I only show up every 3-4 months, the same faces and waitresses are seen, and they all seem to enjoy working there. The decor is very "mountain cabin" appearing, friendly and clean. If you are in the area and do not treat yourself to lunch or dinner, shame on you. You are missing a very good meal at a super fair price, served with great service and smiling employees.

1  Thank OldManBob