“Could be really great with a little more attention”
Review of Ganko Express

Ganko Express
Ranked #71 of 120 Restaurants in Waynesville
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Could be really great with a little more attention”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I ordered a veggie egg-roll and asked that it be served first, followed by General Tso lunch with mixed veggies. The lunch came but the egg roll did not, until I was nearly done, despite my calling attention to the problem several times. The general Tso chicken was mini bite sized, too small, and the batter was hard as a rock. It was not tender at all, and I could not eat the entire dish because of that. The rice was great and the veggies were fantastic, however the main ingredient (chicken) was inedible. When the egg roll finally arrived, it was fine, but it was supposed to be the starter, not the dessert. There was a mini salad and that was very good. I did notice a hornet moving on the floor, some unidentified flying insect about an inch long on a table, and several annoying flies that when landing on my food, also made me not want to finish eating it. Here are my suggestions:

1. Listen to the customer when they ask for something first
2. Use larger pieces of chicken and don't fry the batter so much as to make it hard to bite.
3. Get rid of the flying menagerie

Otherwise, the flavors were fine and the veggies remain the highlight of the dish. They appeared to be fresh and hand cut, not frozen.

• Visited June 2014

Inman, South Carolina
“Very good Chinese/Japanese cuisine!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Not knowing anything about this restaurant, we decided to give it a try. We were very happy that we did. Since we're not "sushi people", we can't review that, but we did have sweet and sour chicken and sesame chicken, with an added egg roll. Both of our entrees were excellent. They were served with a large portion of fried rice (the peas were a little less desirable but we picked them out!!), and mixed vegetables, which were done to perfection. The portions were very large and neither of us could finish our meals. The egg roll was a little "mushy" and was very greasy (thus the Very Good rating rather than Excellent). We will most definitely go back when we're in the area.

• Visited May 2014
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

After being in California for 3 years we weren't sure I we would be able to find a decent sushi restaurant but this place exceeded our expectations! Yum!