Super 6 - Waynesville
Econo Lodge(Waynesville)
$70
EconoLodge
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn(Waynesville)(Great Value!)
$95
Pisgah Inn(Waynesville)
Lambuth Inn(Lake Junaluska)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrocking chairslaminate floorsnice balconythe king size bedlake junaluskacomfortable bedsone night staywaynesville areamini fridgeeasy accessmotelloewsbalconieseclipse
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After looking up the hotel rates online, I called to make a reservation. The woman on the phone didn't seem like she knew what she was doing, and had to ask someone else what the rate for the weekend was. I mentioned the rate was less online, she suggested that is just the way it is and if I'm going to make my reservation online I better do it quick, cause they were filling up. I made an online reservation with no problem. We got to the hotel at 10 pm, the woman I spoke to on the phone was at the desk, still confused. Despite having a reservation, they didn't have a room for us-she said "you wanted 2 queens non-smoking are you sure you didn't want a king smoking?" Um, yes. So, we had to wait about 15 minutes while another worker got there for the next shift so he could tap around on the computer and "find" an empty room?! Strange, unprofessional interaction. The room was clean and we had a good stay, but our delayed check in after a long drive was disappointing. Also, folks, if you need a baseball bat behind the front desk, maybe keep it somewhere where customers can't see it-doesn't give a good impression. Last, the breakfast was barely adequate-if the hotel is full, I'd imagine you'd buy extra food. We had to eat elsewhere our second morning. We always enjoy staying at this particular super 8 I don't know why this visit was so off...

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The service from the person who works nights was outstanding, only problem was that when we booked our room we were suppose to have adjacent room, next to my daughter. We get there and someone was in our room, Apparently the lady paid for another night and the day shift person never put it in the computer. So they switched us to another room. The problem with this room was that there was no heat. So we got switched to a third room. No trash bags in the rooms, when asked about that, we were told that Management didn't want them to put bags in trash cans because they dirty the cans. hmmm.. that's a new one on me. I don't know if I would stay at this particular Super 8, but the view from where it is located is beautiful.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Reviewed January 27, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I chose Super 8 for all the bragging about being pet friendly. I did not read the obscure pet policy for this particular property. So when checking out after my several day stay I was walloped with quite an additional charge for my furry family member. I was told that they incur a cleaning expense for allergens once a pet has checked out of a room. But I was not charged a cleaning fee per stay, I was charged an additional fee for every night of my stay. I had stayed at a Motel just prior to this with no additional fees. The facility is clean and well kept but this place is wallet friendly, not pet friendly. They really want to empty your wallet and take advantage of those of us who travel with our pets. If your looking for pet friendly try some of the independent motels in nearby Maggie Valley. There are plenty of options along I-40 in this area.

Room Tip: Upper floors have private balconies with two rocking chairs looking out at the mountains. Busy highway and a Lowes kind of ruin the scene though.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo