“Very nice casual lunch....”

Smoky Mountain Sub Shop
Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Soups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Smoky Mountain Sub Shop has been serving the Waynesville area for over 20 years. Come in and enjoy our great subs and relaxed casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location very convenient to Main Street, with prompt service and a varied and well-priced menu. We were somewhat surprised at how tasty our sandwiches were, so no doubt we'll be back on our next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food and friendly people. Neat place with old pictures of the area along with old things from the area. They will fix about anything on the menu just the way you like it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just got to Waynesville and my traveling companion (who has a house here) suggested a sub. I thought to myself, “gee, aren’t there more interesting food choices?” Well, there may be, but it was one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had! I got the Club (w/o roast beef) served hot on sourdough bread and it was delicious. With melted Swiss cheese, quality ham & turkey, warm tomato and toasted sourdough bread, it was a divine combination. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed May 10, 2018

This shop has really good sandwiches with plenty of variety and numerous options to get the fixings you want. I am not a fan of cold sandwiches, luckily at this shop, they sell hamburgers and hot sandwich options. I love their pretzel bun. It is a legitimate pretzel and can be served with any sandwich. It is super messy to eat, but I order it with meatballs anyway. Delicious!

1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

There are worthy competitors...but drop by at noon and see the foot traffic of downtown merchants, attorney offices, policemen on and on....build a great sandwich and “they” will come...and they do.

Never had a bad sandwich there...but the Philly cheese steak, Reuben, feta chicken wrap, BBQ and burgers are all excellent choices...if you want wine or beer...you will have to go elsewhere (their choice)...but they have a variety of fountain and bottled sodas. Think the chances that you will agree with my review are really high...give em a try!