“Sandwiches done right”

Smoky Mountain Sub Shop
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Soups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Smoky Mountain Sub Shop has been serving the Waynesville area for over 20 years. Come in and enjoy our great subs and relaxed casual atmosphere.
Sumter, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sandwiches done right”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Some of the best sandwiches I've had. This place offers a huge menu of sandwiches. Prices range from $3.49 for a 12 inch to just over 9 dollars for their most expensive. I had the steak which was excellent and my wife had the BLT. Restaurant was very clean and staff was friendly.. When back in Waynesville I will come here again.

1 Thank Shirley O

Lakeland, Florida
“Basic Fare Well Done”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

There are a lot of things this small restaurant does right. It's basic fare - including: hot and cold subs and sandwiches, some vegetarian sandwich offers, salads, soup, and breakfast sandwiches and omelets served all day. You order and pay at the counter and they bring the food to your table. It's just around the corner from the Mast General Store as you walk down to the Public Parking lot at the bottom of the hill. Service was very friendly. We had a meatball sub and a 0.99 cents priced hot dog. The sweet tea was very good. The meatball sub was pretty good. The hot dog was OK. There are enough familiar items on the menu that I would say it is definitely "kid friendly". Overall, my rating is based on the food we ordered in the one meal. I think if we came regularly, we would be more impressed with the overall menu and the consistency of the food - fairly quickly raising the rating of the restaurant a potential "Very Good" instead of "Average". There are about ten inside tables and it feels crowded in a friendly way. The restaurant obviously fills a niche for good, basic fare at a reasonable price. I suggest giving this restaurant a try if you're looking for good value and variety at a fair price.

Cherokee, North Carolina
“Smoky Mountain Good”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

To tell you the truth this is my husband's find. He kept telling me how good it was and then he had to prove it to me. Today we had the BLT for breakfast. Great! I give high points for good ice tea and on a scale of 1-10, it's a 10. We've visited several times and every time it's been good. Small, intimate, quaint, but great. My favorite seat is by the window.

Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“April 2014”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very good Steak and Cheese all the way...peppers and onions were cooked perfectly. Have also had meatball and Cuban which were not as good.

• Visited April 2014
Nashville. TN
“QUALITY MEAT”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Excellent quality of meat. My son and I had the Italian, my young grandson had a turkey sub and granddaughter had a hot dog! All was great--It was an inexpensive delicious lunch and fed 4 of us for less than $20. Yay ! It was also packed with locals, which tells me everything I need to know.

• Visited April 2014