“A Good Bargain”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Asheville, North Carolina
“A Good Bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

My first visit to Kobe Express for lunch. We were seated quickly and we were able to place our order soon after being seated. Which was nice since we were on our lunch break and were under a time limitation. The waitress was very friendly. The food was nice an hot (heat not spice) when it arrived at the table and was very filling. It was a nice change for lunch.

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellant place to eat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Personally I lobe Kobe restraunt. The food (Teriyaki Chicken is my usual plate) is excellent, the service is very good, and the atmosphere is very okay (may need a little work). I go to Kobe on a daily basis and always enjoy it, also it is very very very inexpensive. Would you rather have a kids meal at Zaxbys or a full plate of Japanesse food at Kobe? Please keep doing what your doing and I will keep coming back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Austinsc1000
Waynesville, North Carolina
“A Tasty Bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our first visit to Kobe Express with a group of seven people at lunch time on a Sunday. There was no difficulty finding seating for the group. The accent is surely on Japanese-style food, with lots of offerings of sushi, but many other more traditional dishes. Some of us ordered shrimp or scallop dishes; others teriyaki style steak with broccoli or mushrooms. I was amazed at how much good food was served for so little a price. Mine was teriyaki style beef with broccoli and fried rice. The amazing price for this, I believe, was seven dollars! No, it is not high class gourmet food, but definitely a tasty bargain.

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Good Stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Kobe has fast service, adequate seating, and good service. This is one of the few places I can get good sushi and my husband (not a sushi fan) has plenty to choose from. Kobe is smart in keeping their menu pretty straight forward- mostly hibachi or teryaki steak, chicken, or shrimp. Their sushi selection is pretty remarkable though. The only complaint we have ever had has been the timing of our food- eat with a group and your sushi eaters are likely to wait much longer for their food than the hibachi folks. This hasn't always happened to our group- but it's something to be aware of if you head there with a group of people and you're starving.

Visited June 2013
Seminole, Florida, United States
“A wonderful surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a new restaurant in Waynesville NC, and my daughter said they really liked it. They have sushi and many other items. I ordered the shrimp teriaki plate and it was wonderful. The shrimp were cooked in a very flavorful sauce, and served with fried rice, broccoli and some outstanding carrots. Cost $7.00 I would go back here every week if I still loved in the area. They are doing a great job, and people were lined up out the door to get in.

Visited July 2013