“Great therapist Amanda at Balsam Spa Waynesville”
Review of Balsam Spa

Balsam Spa
Pinehurst, North Carolina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great therapist Amanda at Balsam Spa Waynesville”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

First, ask for Amanda and you can't go wrong. I speak as a therapist myself, and she's good. Knows many modalities, has a pleasant personality, and is intuitive, which I always appreciate, since you can't tell a therapist everything on an intake form and short interview. The spa itself is a separate building from the Waynesville Inn, down the hill a bit and closer to the newer buildings. In the summer, it's a good place to "zone" after a massage or body treatment. Right on the golf course and beautiful view. If you prefer inside or the weather's bad, there is a peaceful, spacious, nicely decorated room to wait before or after your treatment. Plenty of light, too, if you want to read a while. Water, and small treats were there also. Easy booking by walking right into the spa, and they accommodated on short notice with the rainout on the golf course. Can book through the front desk, but I recommend visiting directly, There was another therapist also, who I was told is also a great esthetician for folks looking for facials, but my wife was busy with other ladies downtown, which is a quaint, great area for ladies to find "stuff." Overall, great value for the money, and great service. Ask for Amanda.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank trhlgolfer

Lebanon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great spa experience! ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome experience. We had facials , Swedish massage and balsam pedicure, so relaxing after a day of hiking. We sat on the porch in rocking chairs in our robes sipping tea wearing heated neck wraps overlooking the golf course and beautiful mountains ! What a great hidden treat!

1 Thank Jan R
virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friends and I spent a rainy day at the Balsam Spa, and we loved it! Such a beautiful spa and the staff was really good! After our massages, we loved it so much that we actually went back for another treatment right after the first one. Would highly recommend this spa!

Visited July 2013
Mineral Wells, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great spa!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the perfect ending to a great vacation. After all the hiking, walking around town a spa treatment was just what we needed. They did a good job of helping us to relax.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A hidden gem in the mountains”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in the area for the weekend and happened to see the reviews of this spa which were all excellent. This is not a very large spa but the staff and the servies
are excellent. I glad I made a part of my get away

Visited January 2013