Review Highlights

Great Performances...Never Disappointed

Reviewed July 11, 2018
caroljonas
Micco, Florida

All reviews professional quality spend an evening nice selection hart actors performance broadway play bistro den fiddler woods
Reviewed 1 week ago

All of the acts including singing, dancing humor, illusionists were very talented. The staging was excellent and the tempo of the show flowed well. The snack bar was set up similar to a carnival or movie theatre. A glass of wine would have been nice. This show is appropriate for all ages. Chris Blue, recent winner of The Voice, is a special guest for this Christmas show and was wonderful.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

My husband and I saw "Over the River and Through the Woods" today at the Daniel and Belle Fangmeyer Theatre (the smaller of the theaters) and were not disappointed! The play itself was entertaining, the cast were professional quality and there wasn't a bad seat in the venue. We didn't visit the concessions area, so I can comment on it, but the rest of our experience was just flawless. This was our first visit to HART, but have added this to our list of favorites! We can't wait to make the drive back to Waynesville for more of these wonderful performances!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

The venue is beautiful, all seats are good. The performers and productions, sound, orchestra are all fantastic. Even the ticket price is more than agreeable. We drive 40 minutes to get there from Hendersonville and it's worth it every time.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I have gone to dinner show twice. Last year I said I wouldn't go again. I did, and the food was just as bad as last year. Last year you couldn't cut the chicken (over cooked). This year the bratwurst was raw, and the last 3 or four tables didn't get enough bratwurst. It appears the first batch took two bratwurst. We only got one and then it was RAW. (I sent it back). The bratwurst was BAD. I spent 12 years in Germany, and this one was worse than the worst I had in Germany. Tasted like so much sawdust. UGH

1  Thank bfgregg
Steven L, General Manager at Haywood Arts Regional Theater, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

During the three week run of our dinner theater production, we served over a thousand patrons. We ran out of Brats only once, and unfortunately that was the night you came (5/23/18). We had planned for most people to take one but cooked an additional 50 that night just in case. That night the majority of people attending took two and three portions. As soon as we realized that we were going to run short we began cooking more. You were part of a group of patrons who had to wait about 15 min. more for these to be delivered to your table. In our rush we delivered a plate of Brats to your table that was underdone. The moment one was cut into and this was discovered they were removed and a new plate with Brats cooked properly was delivered. You received personal apologies from me and others and an explanation of the circumstances. The Brats we served were not traditional German Brats (our Chef also lived in Germany for 12 years and knows the difference) and were not a mass manufactured product. We elected instead to support a local organic farm and purchase Brats that were freshly made from pure pork without nitrates or preservatives. Whenever possible we buy local and do our best to support the local farm economy, as a charity we consider that a part of our mission. The result has been land office business for the organic farmer who made our Brats as they have been sought out by patrons of our event who enjoyed them. Clearly your disappointment with your experience has stayed with you as your review is coming a week after your visit and our apologies, and efforts were simply not enough.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

This is one of our favorite places to go. The performances are excellent, and the setting is great. They have three theaters, the new one also houses a Bistro where you can eat prior to the performance. No parking issues. Staff is wonderful and you can go very casually, even in jeans! Its all about the performances. We have been going for years!

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

I went to see Million Dollar Quartet last night , and I absolutely loved the show!! From the setting at Sun Records Studio in the 1950s to all the actors playing Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash, it was brilliant! I would go back again but i now live in Tennessee!! What a fun way to spend thd evening with my bestfriend!! Don't miss this!!!

2  Thank inflnc
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Particularly, if you're of the age that you remember the '50s and '60s, you owe it to yourself to go see the current performance of Million Dollar Quartet at the HART Theatre, Waynesville, NC. Go online or call for reservations and times of performances.

The cast is an outstandingly talented group of musicians, singers, and dancers, and you will love their performance. The person performing as Jerry Lee Lewis is phenomenal and should be on Broadway.

Have a meal at the Harmon's Den Bistro, next door, just prior to the show. Good food, friendly staff, with a nice selection from a full bar.

3  Thank George T
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We saw the play Unnecessary Farce and it was terrific. The actors were awesome and the playhouse was beautiful. There are refreshments available during intermission.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We had not visited the HART theater in some years and were delighted to see "Fiddler on the Roof." What a great way to spend an evening or afternoon if you are in the area. Always talented and entertaining. Every play we have seen has been really great and we appreciate all of the effort of the local citizens as this theater has grown exponentially in the last twenty years.

Reviewed March 9, 2017

My husband and I have been fortunate to attend the Haywood Arts Regional Theater for 8 years now. The performances are always stellar, whether on the main stage or the smaller, more intimate 75 seat Feichter Studio Theater. We have attended the musical "Chicago," the drama "Jane Eyre," thought provoking theater such as "Dog Sees God" and the children's performance of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." Just the wonderful community theater experience in the backdrop of Cold Mountain is enough to attend... and now, there is a restaurant on site called the Harmon's Den Bistro! SHAZAAM! What a hit. Farm to table food with soups, salads and Panini sandwiches. We ate lunch on a Saturday, and it was such a delicious experience, we went back on Sunday for the special brunch menu with omelets made-to-order. Thank you to Steve Lloyd, the Executive Director, and the HART Board of Directors for having the vision to create such an amazing versatile arts and eats experience for residents and visitors alike.