“Great lunch spot in Downtown Waynesville” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Bakery - CLOSED

City Bakery
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: City Bakery serves some of the best sandwiches, salads, and soups in town. Artisan Breads, scratch-made pastries, cakes and desserts as well as great breakfast selections are available 7 days a week.
“Great lunch spot in Downtown Waynesville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were visiting the mountains for leaf season and stayed in a cabin outside of Waynesville. Stopped here one day and got lunch to go. I had the special - a turkey ceaser sandwich. Homemade bread, great caesar dressing. Service was friendly and understanding as we juggled two small kids while we ordered. Only complaint was that the decorated sugar cookies were pretty bland, but the rest of the dessert case looked fantastic.

Crestwood, Kentucky
“Addictive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Usually in Waynesville several times every year; but just discovered the City Bakery. My husband and I agree they have the best cinnamon rolls we have ever tasted. Very friendly staff. We ate breakfast here three days in a row- trying both their wonderful cheddar scallion biscuits and a couple of different pastries. It's on our "must try it for lunch" list next time we are in Waynesville.

greensboro, nc
“Great lunch spot. Just miss the pastry selection.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great sandwiches. Something different for Waynesville. My husband and I enjoyed the place so much that we not only ate their Tuesday but, came bk thru town on our way home from Pigeon-Forge/Gatlinburg and ate their again on Friday. Hated to see Whitman's close after 55 years or so but, it's nice to see this place fill that spot. If you're familiar with Whitman's, thus place does not have the large pastry selection. That I miss as we used to get goodies to take home. However, City Bakery does have some dessert selections. I ate the Turkey Day Turkey and the Harvest Turkey. My husband had the Ham and Gruyere and got it both times. Decent prices too as the portions are large. Also, we substituted pasta salad in place of the chips. Give it a try!

1 Thank warfster
Atlanta, Georgia
“Surprise in the mountains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had an opportunity to visit Waynesville, NC during the annual Apple Festival. We dropped in to the City Bakery downtown for breakfast. The crowds were large and hungry. We stood in line and passed by some of the best looking pastries we have seen. I had fresh mountain trout on a bagel and my wife had a breakfast biscuit. The casual but adequate surroundings accommodated the crowds rather well.

The coffee was hot and fresh and the food was excellent. Bagels and biscuits are made on site and were excellent. My only regret is that I passed on the large and lovely Bear Claw and watched sadly as the last one was bought and consumed by a man two booths down. Wish I had ordered that on my first time through the line.

The menu also features grilled paninis, deli sandwiches, soups and salads. Pastries also include scones, danish, croissants, muffins and cinnamon rolls.

City Bakery also has two locations in Asheville, NC so next time I am there, I plan to visit and look for one of those luscious bear claws.

Highly recommend stopping in to the City Bakery when you are in western North Carolina.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Good, quick sandwich and drink”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

City Bakery Cafe is an excellent place to pop into for a sandwich while shopping downtown Waynesville.

Visited September 2013