“Surprise in the mountains”
Review of City Bakery - CLOSED

City Bakery
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: City Bakery serves some of the best sandwiches, salads, and soups in town. Artisan Breads, scratch-made pastries, cakes and desserts as well as great breakfast selections are available 7 days a week.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had an opportunity to visit Waynesville, NC during the annual Apple Festival. We dropped in to the City Bakery downtown for breakfast. The crowds were large and hungry. We stood in line and passed by some of the best looking pastries we have seen. I had fresh mountain trout on a bagel and my wife had a breakfast biscuit. The casual but adequate surroundings accommodated the crowds rather well.

The coffee was hot and fresh and the food was excellent. Bagels and biscuits are made on site and were excellent. My only regret is that I passed on the large and lovely Bear Claw and watched sadly as the last one was bought and consumed by a man two booths down. Wish I had ordered that on my first time through the line.

The menu also features grilled paninis, deli sandwiches, soups and salads. Pastries also include scones, danish, croissants, muffins and cinnamon rolls.

City Bakery also has two locations in Asheville, NC so next time I am there, I plan to visit and look for one of those luscious bear claws.

Highly recommend stopping in to the City Bakery when you are in western North Carolina.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

City Bakery Cafe is an excellent place to pop into for a sandwich while shopping downtown Waynesville.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Husband and I popped in here on our last visit to Waynesville after searching for up and down for interesting breakfast spots in Maggie Valley first (and didn't find a whole lot). I had a bacon, egg, cheese biscuit and let me tell you, the cheddar scallion biscuit used for my breakfast sandwich was SO yummy! I also couldn't resist the tempting bakery treats in the display case when we first entered the restaurant, so I nibbled on a chocolate croissant while waiting for my sandwich to be prepared. It was light, flaky, and just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. They also offer scones, cinnamon rolls, danish, bagels, and muffins. Husband enjoyed the stuffed French toast and that looked *really* good. The restaurant itself is cozy and casual, a great place to sit and chat and enjoy a nice cup of coffee and a breakfast treat. Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

There is a varity of unusual combinations for sandiches. They also have soups and salards. very generous with their servings.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

City Bakery Cafe is a must visit if in the area. Staff so friendly and coffee very good. If you
like a breakfast biscuit this is the only place to go. Biscuits baked every morning. Sausage/egg/cheese biscuit is the best I have every had. Get a window seat for some good
people watching. I try and get there at least once a week when I am in town.