“Perfect”
Review of City Bakery - CLOSED

City Bakery
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: City Bakery serves some of the best sandwiches, salads, and soups in town. Artisan Breads, scratch-made pastries, cakes and desserts as well as great breakfast selections are available 7 days a week.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stumbled upon City Bakery Cafe a year ago. I was looking for local restaurant with unique atmosphere and food. This restaurant delivered. The Scallion Cheddar biscuit is amazing. I always order mine with sausage egg and cheese. It is huge and delicious. There is no question but that the biscuit is made from scratch.

The atmosphere is great. The service is amazing. All the food that I've ordered is wonderful-as well as the latte. It was perfect. It is obvious that the ownership takes great pride in their establishment-EVERYTHING is done well.

I now try to arrange my trips into Western North Carolina so that I can stop by for breakfast. I always finish my meal with a sweet. The only issue I have had is narrowing down the choices to one. Hey, that is what a to-go-box is for. Right?

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had lunch on the deck at the City Bakery. The TAM sandwich was fantastic. Turkey, bacon, avocado, and basal pesto mayo on delicious hard roll. My husband had the Rueben and enjoyed it very much. We sat on the deck which overlooked the mountains.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Wonderful sandwiches - a nice spot to people watch from the front tables. Though we didn't try them, the desserts looked delicious too!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is really nice. Clean, not too noisy, and so many different choices on the menu. We go for their whole wheat baguette to take home, and enjoy a great meal before heading back.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stopped in at City Bakery as part of our anniversary weekend. They have delicious pastries to choose from! However, be aware! They bake their goods fresh in the morning and you have to be there early to grab 'em or they'll be gone. Their classic club sandwich is delicious and extremely filling! Prices are very reasonable and atmosphere is well-kept.