“An enjoyable evening for wine & music plus great small plates!”

The Classic Wineseller
Ranked #24 of 128 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Classic Wineseller is a retail wine and craft beer shop that is open Tuesday through Saturday. The restaurant is open Wednesday through Saturday evenings. Enjoy LIVE music on Friday and Saturday evenings. Our location is underground and stays cool year around. A light jacket or sweater is suggested.
Reviewed April 13, 2017

On Friday and Saturday evenings the Wineseller is open for dining - appetizers and small plates - and they offer nice entertainment. We enjoyed listening to the singer/piano player and also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and delicious small plates for dinner. It was a very good experience.

ClassicWineseller, Owner at The Classic Wineseller, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2017

Thanks for coming to see us and sharing about your experience. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Have been here many times to purchase wine and for wine tasting. The owner Richard is very knowledgeable and helpful. The wines are priced equal to larger cities.

We were not that exited about food that is served. Preparation and quality and taste is so so. We would go back and skip the food. The entertainment for the evening (Joe Cruze) was excellent.

Thanks for taking time to give us feedback on your experience. So sorry to hear you were disappointed with your dining experience. We would love to know what you had to eat so we can make changes where needed. Please feel free to share ideas here or drop by and talk to Kay or Richard. Thank you again!

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Jazz It Up was what was advertised but boring was the theme. The music was not Jazzy but a snooze. At $70 a person plus a bottle of wine, we couldn't wait to get out of there and paid up and left asap. The four course meal was okay. The crudités were excellent. The second course of the meal, the "soup" was amazing, service was terrific as always, but the entertainment was a major disappointment. The main course steak lacked seasoning and was bland. Normally, the meal is memorable and the entertainment is really good. What a shame for New Years Eve.

1  Thank Petra B
ClassicWineseller, Owner at The Classic Wineseller, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback about your visit to the Classic Wineseller. I’m glad you thought “the crudités were excellent”, that “the ‘soup’ was amazing” and that the “service was terrific as always.”

However, I’m very sorry the NYE jazz duo didn’t suit your taste and that you were disappointed. I’m also sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the main course. Had we known we would have happily tried to remedy the situation. Our music varies every weekend so I hope you will consider visiting us again.

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

If I could rate this as 0 stars I would. I've been here several times and have always experienced a rude owner/ manager. He stands at the front door to make sure you have a reservation before even letting you inside- whether you want a glass of wine, a bottle, or full on dinner. Nevertheless, we had made a reservation days in advance for a friend's birthday- 15 people total. We arrived and needed 1 extra chair. The owner/ manager made a HUGE scene by stating that all chairs were accounted for- as this was a major inconvenience for him. He proceeded to grab a lawn chair from outside for our 1 additional person to sit in. From there- it got worse. Our food came out in 15-30 minute increments and was COLD. I am a local and refuse to come back.

1  Thank Julia R

I apologize to you and your guests and am truly sorry that you had a bad experience at the Classic Wineseller. I assure you, we never want to hear that our customers are dissatisfied. Please allow me to review a few things.

-Yes, our front door is at the top of six stairs. When customers arrive and come down the stairs, we ask if they have reservations so we can either take them to their table, let them know we have no tables if that’s the case, or assist if they need help shopping for wine.

-Yes, whoever made the reservation for 15 people did so well in advance and we appreciate that very much.

-When the party of 15 arrived they did not mention another person was coming. Approximately 30 minutes later, an extra person arrived. Without asking, one of the folks in your party took a chair from a nearby reserved table. It put us in the awkward position of having to switch out the chair so the guests with the later reservation could be seated in the chairs that were at their table. Our restaurant can seat 49 people and we have 49 chairs. Including the reservation made for 15 people, we were SOLD OUT that evening. To accommodate the extra person, we borrowed a plastic chair used for indoor seating at the restaurant next door. Our intention was never to make anyone feel unwelcome.

-Yes, the food is made to order one plate at a time by our chef. The server, who also took the reservation for the party of 15, explained on the phone that the food would not come out for all 15 people at one time, that the food would be served as it was ready, and that would mean that some folks would get food 15-30 minutes apart from the others.

-There is no excuse for serving cold food. Your server said no one complained to her about a dish being served cold. Had she known, she would have gladly had the dish remade and placed the redo in front of all other orders in the kitchen.

Thank you for taking time to share your feelings with us. I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience at the Classic Wineseller and that you will not be returning.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

I wanted to do something different for our company Christmas party, something a little more than just dinner. Paige did a terrific job accommodating our needs, customizing our event to suit us perfectly. Trish selected fine wines and cheeses for our tasting. She is very knowledgeable about wines, and a wonderful personality. She served us very well. Travis prepared our dinners, which were outstanding! I recommend the shrimp scampi, everyone in our party loved the food. The cheesecake was delicious. I would highly recommend this fine group of people for their knowledge, skills and ability. I liked the atmosphere. I'm getting tired of the micro-brews and pub food. It was the perfect change for me and my business associates.

Thank you so much for sharing about your great experience at the Classic Wineseller. I’m pleased to hear our servers took good care of you and that you enjoyed the food our chef prepared. We would love to host you all again anytime.