“Great food, entertainment & service! ”

The Classic Wineseller
Ranked #25 of 131 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Classic Wineseller is a retail wine and craft beer shop that is open Tuesday through Saturday. The restaurant is open Wednesday through Saturday evenings. Enjoy LIVE music on Friday and Saturday evenings. Our location is underground and stays cool year around. A light jacket or sweater is suggested.
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

This is a great restaurant/wine store! They always have live music on the weekends which has been fantastic both times we've been there. The music is also the perfect volume, it is loud enough to enjoy but you can still have a conversation. The service and food are excellent! For small plate entrees, we've found the portions to be generous compared to other places with tapas/small plate menus. Everything we've had was very fresh and delicious! The servers are very knowledgeable and attentive. The owners are very welcoming and concerned that everyone is being taken care of. This is an awesome dining choice in Waynesville!

Date of visit: December 2016
ClassicWineseller, Owner at The Classic Wineseller, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2017

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your visits to the Classic Wineseller. We are glad you found the wine selection to your liking, and the food to be fresh and delicious. We prepare each plate one at a time to maximize freshness, and our servers love helping you!

Many thanks again for your review. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

This place was okay. The best thing was the live music. My fiancé and I had just got into town and were going to get some dinner. We found this place and walked in. The man ( I guess he was the manager/owner) asked if we had reservations, ( it didn't say anything online about having to make reservations), when we said no he acted aggravated and quickly said he had one table left. It felt like he shoved us in a corner. The food was good and we made the best of it but it wasn't my favorite place of the weekend.

Date of visit: October 2016

Thanks for taking time to let us know about your experience. You are correct, reservations are not required but many folks do make reservations. Asking arriving guests if they have a reservation is the only way we know to distinguish between reserved guests and those who do not have reservations.

I'm glad you enjoyed your food. I'm very sorry to hear you didn't like your table, it was the only one we had available on that very busy evening.

Thank you again for your comments. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Well my wife had made a reservation and wanted to be in the room by the music , They did that ok , except they had a tiny table that looks like they brought in from the storage room and instead of my wife facing the wall I did, never in my life have I been put in that kind of situation , Face the wall and the whole restaraunt behind me , Any way to try to track the waitress down took literally 10 minutes , my wife was very hungry and we just wanted a appetizer , The 10 dollar flatbread tasted like a cheap frozen pizza and was the size of a paper plate , The dinner was a tiny portion of lamb that looked like something my cat through up and tasted ok but just ok , The music was good though , It was my wifes birthday and well im sorry I took her here , So for dinner a couple beersand dinner and tip 83 dollars , Never again , For a place that is soposto be a lil upscale , I honestly found it very un profesional lacking the ability and know how to treat people and honestly they should hire a real chef if they are going to charge premium prices , The plating of the food was like mush and thrown onto a plate like dog food , well I guess that goes hand and hand with the service and know how of where to seat people

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank PETE K

Thank you for taking time to tell about your visit to the Classic Wineseller. I'm very sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to the wine cellar. Very small adult friendly restaurant in a basement. The service is decent, the food is good, and the entertainment is classy.

Date of visit: November 2016

Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm happy to hear you're a repeat customer and have enjoyed your visits. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

10/22, 10/29, + 11/19 & 11/25 already reserved. Whether its: pianist / singer Joe Cruz playing the music of the Beatles, Elton John, James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkel, Sting; Jazz vocalist Wendy Jones paying tribute to Duke Ellington; Mean Mary’s lightning fast banjo & fiddle; or a whole line-up of talented local, regional & national musicians regularly appearing in this cozy wall-to-wall & floor-to-ceiling underground Wine cellar (“over 1,100 selections among more than 12,000 bottles”), down-to-earth & friendly proprietors Kay & Richard Miller admirably pack this congenial place for the good eats as well. Boasting an intimate atmosphere, a thoughtfully uncomplicated menu, a 4000-cigar shop, great hard-to-find / older vintage retail wines, beers & bubblies, and a relaxed service, regulars abound, be it for a special occasion, a private event, a Wine Tasting & Food Pairing, but most of all for the LIVE Music every Friday & Saturday. All this with a “European styling & old world charm” menu featuring mouth watering charcuterie, cured meats, local and imported cheeses, olives, and in-house prepared appetizers, salads, soups, flatbreads, and small plates courtesy of chef Josh Adams. What you get is a most entertaining formula that has been functioning successfully for the last 19 years!

Date of visit: October 2016

Thank you so much for such a kind and detailed review about what you like about our establishment--now in its 20th year. We hope you'll come back to see us again and again.