“Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anthony Wayne's Restaurant - CLOSED

Anthony Wayne's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Anthony Wayne’s there’s something for the whole family. Come and be transported to a place where the traditions of the past and the innovations of the future blend to give you a memorable dining experience like no other in Western North Carolina.
Brandon, Florida
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We tried all the appetizers for dinner. It was scrumptious! We liked the beer selection, too. Fresh, organic and creative. It was agood time.

Visited October 2012

Lake Mary, Florida
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

After a restaurant in Waynesville had gotten our reservation wrong, we walked across the street and the four of us were able to be seated in The Gateway Club's restaurant Anthony Wayne's.
This was such serendipity! The setting was relaxing and very nice. Our server, Hailey, was very pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. We were served fresh made sourdough bread and garlic infused butter and we enjoyed two different enjoyable appetizers. One of the evening's dinner specials, ahi tuna, was prepared perfectly, and I thoroughly enjoyed it The Gouda chicken was enjoyed by my husband. Our good friend was especially happy and satisfied with another special, a wood grilled filet topped with crab cakes, and his wife was thoroughly pleased with the duck. The pastry chef, Caitlin, was also very warm and friendly, and she came to our table to describe her evening's creations. The two desserts we shared were different and delightful. We enjoy good red wine and the one offering on their menu we would like they happened to be out of. My husband and friend ran down the street to a local wine store and our problem was solved.
We would like to see them have a longer and better wine menu --but bring your own and pay the modest corkage fee and it's all good!

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a most enjoyable evening from start to finish! Hallea, or server, was very attentive and personable. We had the specials that were yellow tail snapper and sea trout served with wild rice and sautéed spinach. Both were very good, although we thought the sea trout was the most delicious. We ordered one of there "grit cakes" a la carte and it was wonderful---be sure to try them even if you do not order an entree that is accompanied by grit cakes. We had hummingbird cake for desert and it was a dense and moist cake with a light lemon cream cheese icing. There is a pastry chef on site and the fresh dessert was a wonderful way to complete our meal. On Thursday evenings they offer a wine tasting of three wines and Marshall was very instructive and friendly in his presentations of the wines. It is $10 a person and you get three generous samples of wine so it is a good deal!

• Visited October 2012
“Great evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had great dinner ordered the cedar plank salmon, my wife had the pork excellent meal but I prefer there not be a burnt piece of wood on my plate . If it's not edible don't put it on my plate. We are from Atlanta and see alot of amazing plating but this isn't it. The desert was to die for. Will definitely be back

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great place for dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went at the start if the dinner hour so for the first half of our visit we were the only two and were spoiled with attention, that lessened as a few more guests arrived. The food was very good and missed great by only the smallest of amounts, some of that being personal preferences, I.e. I like a touch more seasoning on my steak and a very slight char on it. The twice baked potato was the best I have ever had and the salad was perfect.