“Excellent Sunday Brunch, elegant atmosphere, busy and popular”
Review of Anthony Wayne's Restaurant - CLOSED

Anthony Wayne's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At Anthony Wayne’s there’s something for the whole family. Come and be transported to a place where the traditions of the past and the innovations of the future blend to give you a memorable dining experience like no other in Western North Carolina.
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Excellent Sunday Brunch, elegant atmosphere, busy and popular”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here for Sunday brunch with friends on several occasions in the past few months. The special brunch menu varies a bit each time, but always has a number of unusual and intriguing choices. Everything we have ordered was exceptionally tasty, with generous portions. We have never made a reservation, and we have always been seated right away, but service has been rather slow. Perhaps it's because there are often one or two large groups there at the same time, or perhaps they are short-handed. Servers and management have been apologetic and attentive, but I would not recommend going there if you have to be somewhere by a certain time afterward. On one occasion we were there about 90 minutes or more, including a very long wait for our check after we had finished eating.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Sarah S

Newport. TN
“Five star restaurant, 5 star service, elegant setting”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I made reservations here when I noticed Anthony Wayne's was not a private club. This is a recent development, but I had several good meals here while a visitor of Herren House. Diane and I visited Valentines day . The menu was special : Leg of Lamb, Grilled Halibut, Scallops, and Filet with Mushrooms. Diane and I both had Filet of beef which was cooked to perfection. Very nice waitress (Sunee) and wait staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the experience.

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Once Again, Excellent”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This was our second time to visit Anthony Wayne's, which is the former Gateway Club on Church Street, just one block off Main Street in Waynesville, NC. This time we went for Sunday brunch. My wife had Chicken and Waffles, a plate made famous, I think, at the Red Rooster Restaurant in Harlem. Along with the large portion of waffles and chicken was smoked bacon, and a side of syrup. I had the fried trout, which was excellent. We both had a glass of wine to accompany our brunch. Anthony Wayne's has a full bar, with a nice selection of wines and beers. The food pricing is very reasonable for such an upscale restaurant. The interior is very classy and comfortable, with a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff is extremely professional, friendly and accomodating. Each time we have eaten at Anthony Wayne's the food has been excellent and the dining experience wonderful. We will definitely return.

2 Thank gdt655
Florence, South Carolina
“Delicious and Elegant”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

After having lunch there earlier in the week, which was terrific, we had dinner on Friday night. The dining room is quiet and elegantly decorated without being overdone. The service was prompt and pleasant. I had shrimp and grits, which was so very TASTY--didn't need any thing else--my husband had fried oysters and salad. He said the oyster sauce was really good. The bread was light and perfect, with a wonderful dipping sauce. We will definitely go back. They do need some outdoor lighting and sign work. If one did not know it was there, it would be missed completely!

1 Thank K A
Maggie Valley, NC
“You're luck they are open to the public now!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We were member's of the Gateway Club when it was a private dining club and now that they have gone public the world will know what great food they have to offer. Always an unusual menu, but always good and fresh. We're all luck to be able to go anytime we want.