“Walked in and walked out”
Review of Captain's Bay

Captain's Bay
Ranked #66 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Seafood
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Walked in and walked out”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We did not like this place at all. Very low end seafood establishment.maybe OK for non discriminating diners, everything likes pre-prepared from what we observed.

Visited March 2012

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Food pretty good but low sanitary grade”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I shared the popcorn shrimp dinner and got an extra baked potato and it was plenty! The food was good and I like the fact that a smaller plate of the same entree can be bought. It was an order to-go so we didn't have the expense of drinks and tips, so it was a good value for $13.00! If I had walked in and seen the 94.7 sanitary grade, I would have left, telling them why. But I didn't know the grade when ordering by phone. I was worried the whole time I was eating thinking why the low sanitary grade?

• Visited April 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“decent food - decent price”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Definitely has "cafeteria" atmosphere, but food is certainly decent with lots of options. Service is OK but not phenomenal. For the quantity of food, moderate price is not an issue.

Visited April 2012
Sylva, North Carolina
“Hook, Line and Stinker”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Hook, Line and Stinker ??????
Ok, so I went out to eat again, I know, I gotta watch my weight. I am watching it. Tonight we will go for low calorie fish. Fish is suppose to be good for you. Brain food.
No bike tonight. She won't ride with me?? So we went to a place in Waynesville, NC. The name of the restaurant is Captains Bay Seafood, Steak and Pasta. It's not the first time we ate there. It's not a bad place to eat. The waitress was friendly it's fairly clean and the portions are large.
I always have seafood when I go but tonight I was gonna live large. It's STEAK for me.
They offered a 10oz rib I with a salad and another side it also came with hush puppies all for 10.95 that was cheap. My wife ordered the Tilapia with 2 sides. She ordered the FF and Cole Slaw. All for 6.95, real cheap.
My salad came first, I couldn't believe it wasn't brought out with dinner, I wanted Italian but they were out. So I ordered the Blue Cheese Dressing. The salad was not much to talk about it was all the center of the lettuce, you know solid white. No color at all. The dressing SUCKED. It was flavorless and watered down. I added salt and pepper but, no help. I still ate it.
When the main course came out it looked good, and it was. The steak was cooked just the way I like it, medium well. The baked potato was fresh, the hush puppies were frozen hush puppies, not home made. I didn't bring a scale but that 10oz looked more like 4oz but whose weighing.
My wife's plate looked good and it was she had only one complaint, that I don't believe, the cole slaw SUCKED. Again tasteless. Three large portions of Tilapia more that she could eat.
Now you know I have to watch what I eat so I really didn't need a nice piece of key lime pie and obviously the server thought the same because she didn't offer. She dropped the check and thanked us and left. So did we.
Now look I'm not really complaining about this place. It's pretty good if you want a lot of food for a cheap price and not much in the taste category. You will have to ask all the questions the server won't. No suggestions at all. You will walk out very happy because it didn't cost an arm and leg.
But there will be no after taste.

• Visited October 2011