“Redemption ... a much better visit”

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale
Ranked #9 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

After a bad experience eating at the bar in February, we stayed away for almost 4 months. However, the food enticed us back and for this visit, we made a reservation so there would be no chance of being at the bar again.

Our meal was very good. I enjoyed the voodoo pasta and my husband had the Grouper special. Both dishes were well prepared and tasty. Their bread pudding is still my husband's favorite. Also our waiter was very good. The restaurant can be noisy. With only two of us, we can hear each other with some leaning across the table but have been here with a group of six and you could not talk to anyone in the group who was not right next to you.

Glad to be adding BBB & A back to the rotation of restaurants we eat at in Waynesville.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We have been to "The Barrel" on many occasions. Every time we go, we are NEVER disappointed. Tony at the bar is the best! The food is amazing and the service is superb! Ashley has truly done a remarkable job creating a place you will LOVE to spend your evening. ALWAYS looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I decided to try this place based on Tripadvisor ratings and the word of a co-worker. We were very pleased. We arrived early for lunch and had our choice of seating. The service was informative, helpful, and efficient. The food arrived quickly and was tasty, warm, and was presented well. The place has a good drink selection to include some local beers on tap. I would recommend stopping at this place if you are in the area. It is very popular according to friends, so if you are going for dinner, make reservations and be prepared to wait - and be prepared for the place to be packed. If you are one of these people who complain because a good restaurant is crowded, or their is a wait - I recommend you going through the drive-thru at the golden arches and sitting in your car - save these nice people a poison pen review on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

By far my favorite place in Waynesville. Delicious food, outstanding service and resonable pricing. I would recommend reservations for evenings because everyone wants to eat there!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have been twice this spring. On the first occasion, the orders for our table of four were delivered wrong and we were told that a shortage had occurred for the steaks we had ordered. We were crowded into a small table of four while large booths stood empty. One booth was filled as we were leaving. On our last visit, our orders came prepare differently than we requested. The large booths stood empty although one was finally occupied just before we departed. During this time, a party of four came in of large elderly people. We heard them request a large booth but were denied same and told to sit at the bar. We left 30 minutes later, there was still an empty booth and the elderly foursome still perched at the bar. The food was marginal and I will not be returning even though I am a local.

5  Thank John G