“First time”

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale
Ranked #9 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Good service and an unbelievable meal off the beaten path. We had two meals, an appetizer and wine; all of which was excellent.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

After a few visits that did not meet our expectations, a return for dinner was a pleasant experience. The service and food were wonderful, including the best bread pudding I've ever enjoyed!

Bourbon Barrel seemed to be slipping a bit with their restaurant experience and if tonight is any indication, the are back on track!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family had reservations last night. We too enjoyed perfect service. We were greeted and seated by a wonderful hostess. Our meals were outstanding. We all enjoyed the roasted red pepper and artichoke dip and oysters as our appetizers, my mother had the French onion soup which I just had to taste. It was superb. The salads were fresh and delicious. Several in my party chose the filet mignon. Everyone who had it proclaimed it to be the best they had ever had. The pork chop is a beautiful cut of meat that is delicious. It is tender and juicy with some kind of glaze that kicks it up a notch. My brother had the Hazelwood Chicken BLT. He ate every bite. Also, in addition to their good selection of both red and white wines, they have the best sweet tea! I will definitely go back to enjoy this place again!

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We were able to be seated on a Saturday night after being turned away at our first choice . Our dinner mates had been here before and described the spot as adequate . We found it terrific,the fried green tomatoes w grilled shrimp were far better than Paula Deans. My shrimp were plump and tender and the grits rivaled those of Charleston's better spots.my daughters steak was fine as was the meatloaf . The wine list is adequate.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I just read the person's review below mine, and I am totally blown away. We just dined on Dec 3rd, and we had such perfect service. There were more than 4 tables occupied. We were there @ 5pm till 6:30, all 4 booths had groups of 5 or 6, and aside from us there were at least 6 tables occupied.
As it was out first time, we started off with the 6 pack local beer sampler. Our waitress, very friendly, was a pleasure to have as she took her time to google a few questions we had about our beers. She commented on the beers, and was not rushing as she spoke with us.
The firecracker shrimp and fried green tomatoes appetizer was yummy - 3 thin sliced fried green tomatoes,each topped with a shrimp. I personally like horseradish, so it could have used more for my palate, but for the non spicy person, it was just right.
I had grilled scallops with polenta (cheesy) w/ jalepenos and peppadew. Again, I do like more zip, but I thought it was delicious. The green beans were interesting. A group of 4 were battered and fried! Unique, and yummy. There was a lot of polenta, so I took most home.

My husband had the special - grilled red grouper over "corn chowder with lobster". The chowder was not what we all think, it was just a small amount of broth in a bowled plate with lots of corn, potatoes and chunks of lobster! And what a surprise to find they grilled the top greens of a brussel sprout plant. Our waitress was great and went to ask specifically for us!

Our waitress was very attentive. The atmosphere was pleasant.
We will go back again; the dinners were well priced, and it is nice that there are salads and sandwiches on the menu so that one does not feel as if a lot of money need be spent to have a wonderful experience.

It has only been open since 2011; they must be doing something right for the place to be steady on a Tuesday night, right between 2 holidays.