“Lunch with a friend”

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Sharpsburg, Georgia
“Lunch with a friend”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My friend from Jacksonville, FL and I (Atlanta area) had a wonderful lunch. Service was great, food was excellent. We both had the BLGT and loved it. Will absolutely go back, maybe for supper.

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to give this place a try. We were very happy that we did. The salads were incredible. I had the chicken penne with bacon jam. Yes, I said bacon jam. It was amazing! My husband had the pork chop and he thought it was the greatest thing ever. This restaurant is a bit pricey, but the food is exceptional and the service is very good! I don't mind paying a bit more when you get a meal like this. Definitely worth a try!

• Visited June 2013
Sandy Springs, Georgia, United States
“Cool Meal”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went here with two couples, one of which had been here many times before. The owner met them with a hug. Nice pub atmosphere, good waiter. Ordered escargot as appetizer, I think they forgot the garlic. Ordered the server recommended New York strip. Cooked medium rare as requested, but steak and veggies were warm, not hot. Did not want to upset my friends, so ate it without comment. Would go back, but not with a regular customer, so I could critique the food openly.

Visited August 2013
Salem, NH
“Speedy waitress”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On our way to Maggie Valley hubby was getting hungry so we side tracked to this establishment. It seemed very noisy upon entering I think some plants would help buffer the noise level. There was a group of women sitting in an alcove which just echoed throughout the entire restaurant. We were seated at a table by a very speedy waitress who was taking our drink order before we even sat down! We felt rushed the entire time we ate but my chicken sandwich was well overcooked and was sent back for another less dry piece. By the time my sandwich came back the second time my hubby was done his meal and I was eating alone. Another waitress nearby took the sandwich off our bill which was nice. The beer was great, Green Frog brewing. While it was a great interior it was loud and open, probably a great place for a small band or guitarist to perform.

“Awesome experence”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visiting from out of town we were looking for a local spot with good food and a great atmosphere. A local retailer told us about this quaint restaurant off the main drag in Waynesville. In a nut shell, they know how to take care of their customers. We had a reservation for 6, and were seated on time. Our server was very personable, tentative and knowledgeable about the menu. She explained their specials in great detail and made every effort to accommodate any special request. They also have 6 local micobrews on tap that were quite tasty. I had the Bourbon Barrel Sirloin with the smashed potatoes. The steak was cooked to perfection and everything was very well seasoned. Everyone in our loved everything they ordered.

The entire staff was welcoming and each played a roll in helping each other out. We had 4 different servers come to our table to help with everything from delivering food, filling water glasses, clearing plates to making sure we had everything we needed. And these were fellow servers helping each other out on the floor not bus staff. How refreshing is that. Even the manager come over to check on us.

In all we had a wonderful time with great food and spirits. I would highly recommend the Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale to anyone desiring an awesome dining experience.