“#1 for steaks”

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale
Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We took our family for dinner, and the steaks were excellent. The Bourbon Barrel Sirloin was cooked to perfection and the flavor was outstanding. Great salad with in house made dressings. Our service was very nice and the old building was very nicely brought to life. We will return to BBB & Ale in the future. It is best to have a reservation.

1  Thank VOBR

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great food, great service, great atmosphere! My favorite place for dinner and drinks. I have been in here by myself, with friends, with family, and also for business meals.

They have a great artichoke dip and fabulous hummus. I love the Cobb Salad. But, I also know that their Sirloin is delicious.

I'm excited to try their new lunch menu!

1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I ventured over from Asheville, to spend an afternoon touring the shops of Waynesville! (Robin Blu in Hazelwood is a must!) Reservations is recommended on the weekend for B&B We started with an outstanding bowl of steaming French Onion Soup! It was so hot that after my husband's first bite, he said, "I think I just burned my soul!" It was cheesy and hearty! Husband had a chicken sandwich with applewood bacon and steak fries which was okay. I had cornbread fried oysters over corn and they were tasty. We will be going back to try the steaks out!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on a Thursday night at 530pm. That is an early time for us to eat but we had been exploring the mountain and we did not want to cook in our cabin! My husband described his dinner as "excellent." He ordered the Bourbon Barrel Sirloin and a Caeser Salad. The meat
was cooked to perfection... Medium!
I had the Hanger Steak medium rare. Excellent taste and presentation. My only complaint was the amount served. Way too much for me. I suggest they cut it thinner and serve a smaller portion. I took half my meat home!
Overall this was a delightful restaurant with excellent service from our server, Cody. She was attentive to our needs. The local beer on tap was very interesting. I suggest you try a local brew!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I and friends dined at The Bourbon Barrel on Friday April 26th 2013. Three of us ordered wine and one ordered a mixed drink while we made our menu choices. The restaurant was busy but not packed and it still took about 10 minutes to get our drinks. The server even came back and asked if we were ready to order before bringing our drinks. We all ordered entrees and each couple wanted to split a caesar salad. When the salads arrived the server brought 4 almost hot salad plates ( just out of the dishwasher) so we could split the salads. I handed the plates back to her and asked for cold plates. She gave me a disgusted look but took the plates. She returned with the same plates and put them on the table and said" these are all we have" and walked off.
Two of us ordered the filet, which they said was very good, my husband had the duck, which he said was quite good. I had the oven grilled chicken, which was bland and had a very strange texture.
We all shared a dessert which was so average I can't even remember what it was!
In all, I was unimpressed with The Bourbon Barrel. Since our friends were much happier with the experience I think we will probably visit there again but I won;t expect anything special.