“Waynesville Exceptional Restaiurant”

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale
Ranked #10 of 125 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We ate at the Bourbon Barrel Beef and Ale in early May on a Thursday night and the food was exceptional. The culinary skills of the chef are really super. My wife and I split the Grilled Shrimp and Fried Green Tomatoes appetizer and it was the best I had ever had. The flavors were so unique. I had the local Trout and my wife had the Airline Chicken........both were really exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Make sure you get a reservation ahead of time or you will end up sitting at the bar or having to go elsewhere. Food was amazing- try to crab/corn chowder soup.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I strongly recommend to eat here if you are headed to Waynesville and neighborhoods. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, and the price is low. We had the Hummus plate (my wife) and the Creole Shrimp and Grits (me). This last is the best dish I had since I moved to the US. Definitely a must try!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

While we have dined at (and enjoyed!) ALL of the top ranked restaurants listed here (try them all if you get the chance), the Bourbon Barrel is by far our favorite "go to" restaurant. We have never had a disappointing meal here...and we've had many! The staff is friendly- - service is great - - and the menu is creative, fresh and even affordable! Save room for the bread pudding.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

delicious and fancy! local food and drink are emphasized which is cool, yes? definitely eco-cool to eat locally--so much less fossil fuel used to transport the food. So, we were happy to find such a place after having been thwarted in our efforts to go to a local BBQ place closed down the street. I had trout that had really good veggie mix including several previously shunned items such as beets and lima beans. Steak was delicious too. Service was great.