“Good every time”

Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve regionally raised antibiotic and hormone-free beef, pork, and chicken. Many of our seasonal vegetables come from local farms,and our fresh fish (never frozen) is harvested from sustainable fisheries. Everything at the Bourbon Barrel is made from scratch.
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I live in Waynesville, and have been to BBB&A a number of times, and have never been disappointed. Always good food and service. I make it a point to bring guests here whenever I can...to impress them, and let them know that Waynesville is not just some hillbilly haven, but a place where the good life is experienced too. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank ncmike1

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Really nice neighborhood restaurant with a great variety of food choices. Great portions, good wait staff and quiet atmosphere!

1  Thank Susan F
Reviewed August 1, 2012

While vacationing in Waynesville, the owner of the B & B where we were staying recommended dining at the Bourbon Barrel Beef & Ale. We had reservations, and, were seated by the window, which was really nice. I ordered the jambalaya, which was alright, but, nothing special. My husband loved the french onion soup. One of our friends ordered the chicken dish, and, thought it was delicious. Another friend ordered the pasta dish, and said it was out of this world. The men also said the Bloody Mary's were fantastic. If you don't order anything else, be sure to order the Bread Pudding with Bourbon sauce. It was amazing! The best I have ever eaten in my life!

3  Thank A F
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The service here was super. I had the shrimp and grits and they were wonderful. My husband had the jambalaya and he said it was also wonderful. The only disappointment was the key lime dessert. The pastry was dry and the key lime and blackberries were extremely sour. It is a small venue so rather noisy but a wonderful place to eat.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Had a fabulous meal at the Bourbon Barrel. Started with a fine shot of bourbon on the rocks to follow with the most amazing fried pickles. I was pleasantly surprised when I had their signature top sirloin steak. It was the finest piece of beef I have had in a long time. In the leagues with the $$$ urban steak houses. Desert was sinful and made from scratch. Services was professional, friendly, and attentive. The only critique would be that the restaurant was loud and lacked an intimate atmosphere. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. Definitely a much needed addition to the Waynesville restaurant scene.