“Incredible breakfast”

Clyde's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast platter is exceptional. Bacon cooked perfectly not wimpy. Eggs absolutely the best I've tasted in years and very large. Several choices in toast or pancakes. Coffee incredible. A must do this again sort of place.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nothing fancy, in fact if you look around you'd swear you were back in the 60's. Food specials every day, always burgers and fries, fresh and hot! It's true what they say "where the home folks eat" Others are welcome!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Oh my the best home cooking you will find - vegetables are so delicious - fried chicken beyond wonderful. Worth coming down off the mountain to enjoy !!!!

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Clyde's parking lot is always full. The specials are good and you can't beat the prices. Staff is great! Upon walking in the front door you have to walk past the restrooms. The women's on one side the men's on the other. Wow what a greeting! The smell of urine and those strong sweet bowl deodorizes will almost knock you down. Not to mention they are filthy! I always say, wonder how clean a restaurants kitchen is? Check out their bathrooms! I've tried and tried to like this place and have went back on many occasions however I can't go back! Sorry Clyde's! If you clean your bathrooms and get rid of the awful smell I will come back. You have been warned!

4  Thank BigDaddyBEG
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Walking in the front door YOU HAVE TO WALK PAST THE BATHROOMS! Doors are kept open and reek to sky high of nastiness... Strong odor of urine! My mistake to have stayed. I was so grossed out the whole experience was disgusting. Not to mention there is more to tell. The salad was old and full leaf slim! The dishes had dried food on them. Drink down to the bottom of your sweet tea to find stuck on food in your cup... Oh my gosh! The basket of rolls had a fruit fly buzzing around it and my husband and I watched as one burrowed deep in and never came out.
This place seems to be a local favorite... I have no idea why unless it's because everyone seemed to know each other. My question is, How much did they pay or on what website did the 100% inspection sign cost!? Skip this old stinky place... You'll kick yourself if you don't! I promise!

1  Thank MrsGales71