“Yum!”

Clyde's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good food and lots of it, reasonably priced.Nothing to dislike about it. Will go back on our next visit. Close to Grandview Lodge!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We saw so many cars here, we figured the food must be good and it was. This is a real old time local restaurant that serves up great specials, lots of tea and friendly service. We had a late lunch of meatloaf, green beans, beets and Mac and cheese. It was all good. The cornbread was ok so next time I will get the rolls. The price was $7.99! Clydes is really a find for us.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stumble across this and were so glad we did. They gave us so much food there was no way you could eat it all. My daughter said the fried chicken was the best she ever had and she eats fried chicken a lot. I had the ham which was also great. I wish restaurant was around where I live. I would go there all the time. A definite must try.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Clyde's is an older family restaurant that we found by accident quite a few years ago! It's approximately a little over one hour from our home! It's perfect to stop there for breakfast when we leave home to visit family in the Petersburg, VA area! It's a short way off HWY 74/123 AT EXIT 98! Our many breakfast stops have always been a delight! Last week we were headed back south late in the afternoon and decided to stop at Clyde's for an early dinner! As we entered the restaurant I immediately spied a huge, beautiful tomato, quartered and stuffed full of what appeared to be Tuna salad! I couldn't find it on the menu so I asked our waitress and she said they had it but it wasn't on the menu yet! I immediately ordered it, and it was wonderful! Excellent Tuna salad and the largest and most tasteful tomato I've had this year! I topped it off with a delicious slice of Coconut cream pie, that was to die for! Folks, Clyde's is old, it's not hip, it's loud, and it's always busy, but the food is well worth the stop! It's certainly one of my favorites and I can highly recommend it! By the way, the service is very polite and efficient and makes the meal more pleasurable! I truly love it! Try it the next time you're in that area and surprise yourself!
Bob Perkins
Hayesville, NC

Reviewed June 10, 2014

"best breakfast in the area" was what I was told by the hotel clerk, and I can see why. Delicious food at a good price - big portions too. I had the Chicken fried steak breakfast. Clean and very fast service. Defininately would eat here again.