“No reservations needed, no wait, good food”
Review of Clyde's Restaurant

Clyde's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We tried two other places but they had a 45 minute wait time without reservations. Stumbled on this location and decided to try it on a whelm. Best decision we have made in a while. This place is where the locals eat. Good food at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Local fare is local. Specials are not. Some of the. Vegetable concoctions were tasty but a lot is fried. I would wait for the local produce to come into season before trying again for anything more than breakfast or a burger

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Clydes is not much to write home about, but they are friendly and have served the community forever. BUT their lemon pies are out of this world!!! It's what I have to have for my birthday, family reunions, Christmas and so on. I dare you to try the lemon pie - then take one home with you.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I try to support locally-owned businesses at every opportunity. Clydes has been in business since 1941, and with good reason - the food. If you like authentic Southern cooking, then Clyde's is the place for you! My wife and I have been going to Waynesville since the 1990s and Clydes has become our favoite place to eat. Its an unpretentious diner and the atmosphere is noisy, hectic, seemingly disorganized, but the food and service are excellent. It reminds me of Cheers - "where everybody knows your name." The best bang for the buck is the daily special - $6.99 - you will not go away hungry! The Coconut creme pie is to die for. The staff is friendly and anxious to please. Always a great eating experience at Clyde's.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clyde's is a small diner that has been in the area "forever". Locals are loyal customers and known by their first names. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The food is inexpensive and unfortunately "average" nothing special. Nothing tasted fresh... just like open the can, pour it out, heat it up and serve it. Sorry we just didn't find it as a place we'd place on our return list.