“Pretty Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a local brewery experience. Food and local beer. The food was okay; the local beer was not impressive.
We may or may not go back next year.

1  Thank GailandStan

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Tipping Point Tavern has become one of my favorite places to visit in Waynesville. I have a home in the nearby mountains and visit regularly. This facility also brews beer below the tavern. The food is typical pub fare, however, you can tell this place is professionally managed. They have good evening specials and thier sandwiches are ample. They always seem to have a nice mix of pleasant and friendly patrons. The employees are also warm and friendly. I would give the Tipping Point five stars, but their sound system is a real draw back. Almost every time I visit I have to ask them to "turn it down" because the sound system is so tinny and brash that it just murders whatever is being played. I love my music louder than most, so its not the volume level....it is just the tinny treble that grates on my nerves and the nerves of just about every guest I take in there. The good news it that they will turn it down if you ask....and maybe they will fix this problem sooner than later. I suspect the rubber in their speakers has rotted out over time and the staff has gotten accustomed to it.

1  Thank AdvRider_IOP_SC
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wanted a casual, light lunch. Great choices suited us perfectly. Service was exceptional. Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good beer...good menu...great atmosphere. They make their own beer...people are always friendly...wait staff is very helpful.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place has an excellent menu. The gyro and pulled pork burrito are very tasty. However, their beer is terrible.