“Great food, substandard beer”

Tipping Point Tavern
Ranked #19 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Balsam, North Carolina, United States
“Great food, substandard beer”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place has an excellent menu. The gyro and pulled pork burrito are very tasty. However, their beer is terrible.

Visited May 2013

Evensville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Food in Downtown Waynesville”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I found this restaurant from a google search of "Mahi in Waynesville" and the blackened mahi sandwich didn't disappoint me in the least. I added fried corn and it, too was a treat. My friend had the gyro platter and we tried the jalapeno poppers for an appetizer. The atmosphere is a bit loud (understandable as it is a bar) so that may be of some concern to you - for our party it was not.

• Visited May 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice Place”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We love this place. Nice food with a great service. Easy to find and warm atmosphere. Good selection of beers.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“I like it!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eaten here twice and was impressed both times. The fish and chips were top notch and the Mahi Mahi fish tacos were very tasty too. I had a bite of the Mexican pulled pork sandwich too and thought it was very tasty. Small place, casual, comfortable, friendly and…and…they brew their own beer!

They make a pretty good IPA as well as having a number of other WNC beers on tap. Looking for something casual, reasonable, and delicious? Of course you are! Go to the Tipping Point, what are you waiting for?

• Visited March 2013
Waynesville, NC
“Good food everytime”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had lunch there yesterday. It was my third visit, and have liked the food each time. I'm not a drinker, but they have a 12 seat bar, home brews and a full liquor menu.
I go there for the food which is always good. Yesterday I had their fish taco which is three soft tacos filled with the usual condiments and large pieces of Mahi Mahi, along with their signature red chili rice. They have an in house hot sauce which is very, very hot, and I don't recommend it. I used the provided Cholula sauce which is my favorite anyway. I do recommend their food items. The one complaint I have is that the music and general noise was very loud, and they don't turn on the CC on their TV's, so all you see is the picture.

• Visited March 2013