“Awesome local food”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Awesome local food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I tried a few different appetizers and small plates & dined at the bar. I went when 1/2 price wine specials were offered. The wine list was quite respectable. The fried pickles were the best I've ever had. The chef selected a variety of different pickles in the dish. A salad & pasole were just wonderful. I would dine here again if I return to Waynesville. I think it's the best in town!

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Great lunch spot with character and amazing food!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Just down from the hub-bub of Main Street, this is an often overlooked spot for a fantastic lunch! Ambience is great and my lunch was phenomenal!

New Jersey
“Uses local farms & partners for their great food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I'm always happy to hear when restaurants make a conscious effort to buy local, so that was just one reason that drew me here. Once I got there, it was such a wonderful atmosphere...looked like reclaimed wood walls and a true rustic feel and nice and open. The food was outstanding. Menu had enough to choose from but some might feel it is limited, so be flexible and try something new out! The menu wasn't trendy but just good ol' eats! Service was good too. You'll be happy you tried the place.

Visited April 2014
Weaverville, United States
“An Excellent Restaurant, Best in Waynesville”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here several times in the past two years, most recently May, 2014, and it is always excellent. They have a menu which changes weekly (available on-line) instead of daily specials. I recommend the grilled cheese sandwich (it has seven cheeses!), and my wife recommends the friend green tomatoes.
The wine-list is special, with many excellent choice by the glass or bottle. They have several beers on draft, and others in bottle.
I am surprised there are any places in Waynesville rated higher....this place is the best restaurant in Waynesville.

• Visited May 2014
Atlanta
“Great Find in Waynesville”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a purposely slow meal here and savored everything we ordered. The wine was excellent and they had a very good cellar. The food was innovative, well prepared and distinctively different. We wanted to try more, but out stomachs finally stopped us.

Very responsive and friendly wait staff. When my wife (who does no like hot, spicy food) mistakenly ordered something that was and spicy (her mistake, not the restaurant's), the owner came over to see if there was any problem with the food - they took the item off our bill on their own initiative.

The place has a great ambiance. There had a interesting bar that looked like a fun place to meet people before dinner and a second area where you can observe and talk with the chef while he works. We will try sitting there next time we go.

We have been coming to Waynesville for 20 years and the restaurants have been steadily improving. I would rate this place one of the top 2 in town.

Recommendation: MAKE A RESERVATION. We were there off season and it was packed.

We will definitely be back there again.