“worth a visit”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Located a block off Main Street. In several visits for lunch and dinner, has been consistently good.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found this place quite by accident, and what a fortunate accident it was. The food is an innovative twist on classic southern ingredients beautifully prepared and served. The Mushroom Soup was amazing! The veggies were fresh and the meatloaf was a memory that I will cherish. Service went way beyond good, including advice on attractions in the area and other good restaurants. We have a family vacation home in nearby Maggie Valley and we will be back here!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Great food displayed beautifully. Menu is seasonal with healthy choices. We sat at the chef's bar and watched them cook which was amazing because we got to see all the meals that were brought out. Phenomenal service wait staff was very knowledgable on all aspects of their menu and very nice.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have eaten here three times since October 2013. My mom and I absolutely love it! I've never had bad service or rude servers - everyone has always been pleasant and I love the food. We even ate Thanksgiving dinner here in 2013. They have large portions, excellently seasoned food - the ham is wonderful as is the meatloaf. In fall they do a pumpkin ravioli which is like tasting fall in a dish! We love their jellies/jams and parmesan grit cakes!! I'd highly recommend it! I live here and I love that I can drive 10 min's to eat here at Frogs Leap and not have to travel to Asheville for dinner. Great having such great restaurants so close!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This team has it together. I don't think I could complain about anything...which is a strange feeling. Professional service and presentation. Great atmosphere...and the food was unbelievable. I was surprised and my expectations surpassed.