“If you can understand the menu, the food is great.”

Frogs Leap Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Frogs Leap Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montgomery
Description: A Unique Farm to Fork Experience: Innovative Southern Food with a Local Backbone & Home Grown Libations Frogs Leap Public House is a farm to table country pub at the corner of Church and Montgomery Streets, built in 1918 as the southeast's first Buick dealer just one block south of Main in the heart of historic downtown Waynesville. FLPH is focused on the culture, art, music, wine, beer and especially the food of Western North Carolina. Like the City of Waynesville itself, FLPH is Southern down to its roots, but draws influences from around the world. The food is fresh and local, the libations are home grown, the music is American and has a beat. FLPH is home to a family with a passion for serving world class food, wine, and spirits in a soulful, comforting atmosphere.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, always very clean and the food is very good. The menu is sometimes difficult to understand, and if you love what you have this week, don't expect it will be on the menu next week. Which is why we don't go more often. We have been there several times as we absolutely love some of there menu items, when they have them. But, I have to agree with some of the other reviewers, It is not a place to complain if you happen to not like something, management appears to get offended. But, overall one of the very best places in Waynesville to eat.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We came across this little gem while roaming the streets of the very quaint Waynesville. From cocktails, to appetizers, to our meal... it was all very delicious!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The food was OK at best. The staff was not very friendly, not rude, just not greeting. I have had much better service especially from a restaurant that had average meal prices of 20+ dollars a plate.

3  Thank Nicolas M
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant has an upscale feel and is well decorated. It is inside a large open building with no walls...quite spacious. Looks like they also have a really cool bar area. My wife and I dined at the Frog Leap Pub House in late October 2013 and found the service and food excellent. I noticed three things that almost always predict food quality and overall dining experience. First, we were greeted and seated immediately by someone who was engaging and polite. Second, the menus were clean and sanitary. Third, the restrooms were immaculate. These three things are almost always indicators of a professionally managed restaurant. And professionally managed it is. The seating is comfortable and both of our entrée's were creatively prepared an excellent. If you are looking for a cheese burger, drive on. If you are looking for one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have ever had, you will find it here. I have put this place on my favorites list when in Waynesville.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here in October. This is one of the neat restaurants right off main street. I loved the atmosphere - cozy and relaxed, yet fine dining and interesting art. From most of the main dining area, you can see the food being prepared and the brick burning ovens. We ordered smoked blue cheese and cheese bonbons. I really enjoyed the cheese bonbons which were really unique, while my husband liked the blue cheese better. It seemed like small portions for the price, though. I got a salad with dried strawberries and goat cheese, which was excellent and fresh. My husband got country ham and cheese stuffed chicken which he thought needed more ham and cheese. The ham is diced small and used sparingly and he expected a slice like chicken cordon blue. I thought it tasted very good, but could see his point. I got the rib eye steak, which was very good. I saved my blue cheese to go with it :) I also got rosemary roasted potatoes that I really liked. We had apple crisp and a chocolate frozen desert which were also very good.

Being that this restaurant has a brick oven, I would have expected more options highlighting the smokey flavor (which I love). Our server was very good, upbeat and helpful. Overall, I really liked this restaurant and would go back.