“Best food in Waynesville”
Review of Nico's Cafe - CLOSED

Nico's Cafe
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nico's has the best soup, the most delicious Mojo pork on the planet, and great salads. Their only drawbacks are: they charge too much for extra bread, and they don't have full table service.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Friendly staff, Great sandwiches, Good prices. Look for their new location just up the street coming soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Lunch was very good. I had the Micharla's Muffairtta Olive Salad sandwich with cream cheese on ciabatta bread. They make their own Olive Salad and it is delicious. The black bean soup was very good. My husband had the ham and cheese on toasted bread. He thought it was very good.

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Cuban sandwich was great! The bread made the sandwich the best. All fresh and crunchy. I used 5 napkins to keep myself clean! My husband said it was great and his cucumber salad was great too. All in all, this was a great sandwich shop.
I would love to return some mountain morning for breakfast. They have Arrozo con juevo on the menus. I am Irish, so that would be a treat to try. If it is anything like the cuban sandwich, I will be a new fan.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

One of the very rare places outside of Tampa to make real cuban sandwiches as well as other "Ybor" style food. As a Florida native from Tampa I am always hesitant when I see cuban sandwiches on the menu while traveling. I knew this place was the real deal when I saw the real cuban bread at the sandwich making counter. Finding this place is like finding a gold nugget at one of those roadside gem mines. Very nice!