“Really trying hard”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

While it wasn't the best I ever ate the food was good when you need a Thai food fix. I had eggplant with tofu which was good and my husband had ginger pork - he really liked his meal as well as the Thai ice tea. Owner and wife really trying hard to make you feel welcome.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were reluctant at first to try this restaurant. the Trip advisor reviews were mixed and stated they had a service problem. However, things do turn out for the best. We had planned to go to Saki Sushi restaurant in Waynesville but as many have indicated, their service hours are hit and miss and they were closed this Wednesday night. We opted for Thai Spice and ended up with a great meal, great service and great value. The owner came by to was very good and also commented on the fact we were reluctant to go there based on the Trip Advisor reviews. wards the end of our meal and asked if everything was good. We stated that it was wonderful but also told him about our reluctance due to the TA reviews. He stated that he was grateful for the reviews and that it had helped him change his service for the good. He also invited us to go back and view his kitchen operation of which he was very proud. Bottom line, this is a very good Thai restaurant and well worth a visit. Good job Trip Advisor reporters and great job by the owners/management in recognizing faults, correcting and offering a excellent dining experience.

1  Thank David E
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We have been fans of this place since it opened. They have a new owner and a new chef. We were not happy with our food but the owner resolved everything and even brought out the chef to hear what we had to say. That's customer service!

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped to pick up carry out food and ordered pad Thai to go. It was very good and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was ordered off the lunch menu, but it was such a large portion we ate it for 2 nights. Don't listen to the negative reviews, go and enjoy fresh Thai food at a reasonable price

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I are not that adventuresome when it comes to food. A few years ago we discovered we enjoyed Thai food but we don't live in an area of the country that abounds with Thai restaurants and so we wre pleased to find ouselves in Waynesville, N.C. with a recommendation to eat at Thai Spice in downtown Waynesville.

Thai Spice is a bit short on atmosphere, the decor and furnishings being quite simple and straight forward. We both enjoy curry and as I cook a great many Caribbean dishes with curry we thought we might enjoy Thai dishes with curry.

One look at the menu and I knew we were in deep trouble as we were confronted with at least four different types of curry which I fervently hoped that the waitress could explain to the satisfaction of my uneducated palate. She did an absoultely masterful job of explaining the various types and was able to contrast each with the curry with which I was most familiar.

We settled on the green curry with chicken which was absolutely delicious with the curry exactly as described by our waitress.

A word of warning, the portions are generous. So, park some distance from the restaurant and by the time you walk to your car your waddle will be barely noticeable.

John H./Laurel B.