“Awesome food and service!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Thai, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Waynesville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food and service!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love this restaurant!! It is so nice to have a good thai place locally here in Waynesville. My husband and I eat here every week and a half or so. Besides the food the service is EXCELLENT! There is always a smile and familiarity. We always order the Tom Yung Chicken Soup as a starter and now we don't even have to ask:) Always a relaxed atmoshpere.

• Visited June 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfect Thai !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I eat a great deal of Thai food...from the so-so to the good. This was some of the best I've ever had. Perfectly seasoned, well served and plentiful, this was the highlight of exploring Waynesville.

• Visited June 2013
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Excellent authentic Thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation in Waynesville when we stopped in during that town's Rocking the Block Party for dinner. We were in the mood to try something different, and this did not disappoint. We had curry puffs for an appetizer, and it was out of this world! My wife had the curry chicken and I had the curry catfish. She thought the food she got was a little too spicy for her taste, but the overall taste was excellent. My curry catfish was tender and flavorful, with some great kick. We really enjoyed our experience with Thai food, and would not hesitate to return to that restaurant when we return to Waynesville!

Columbia,SC
“Nice dinner in Waynesville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant had good reviews so we thought we would try it. It has nice atmosphere, the tables are nicely spaced so you don't feel cramped. Friendly staff - nice menu. I had the sweet and sour and it was delicious. The plates were all very pretty - each one in our party was very happy with their food. We would definitely go there again!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent True Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This little jewel is a place we will return to. We were on a motorcycle trip with another couple and wanted good food. Boy did we find it! We ordered a variety of entrees and each was outstanding. The sauces were each unique and obviously not out-of-the can pre-prepped stuff. Each of the four of us ordered one of our favorites and we were all very happy with the dishes we chose. The sweet and sour sauce had a bit of a nutty nuance (not tomato based) and was one the most unique sweet and sour I've ever had. The red ginger was outstanding and little warmer than the average red ginger.

The atmosphere was a 3.5 out of 5: needs some work. Although it was not too loud when we were there - we ate an early dinner - if it was full, or if you were in a large party it would likely be very loud. There was very little in the way of decor - but we were there for the food. I will warn you to listen hard. My Ted-Nugent-damaged ears could not understand one word the spoken by the nice man who served us. "Obviously not from these parts."

If you like Thai your palate will party when you eat at Thai Spice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles