“Waynesville needed a taste of spice, and finally have it.”
Review of Thai Spice - CLOSED

Thai Spice
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I am used to pretty decent Thai food in South Florida, but in the last 10 years have not found any in Haywood County that would attract me for a second time. This place is run by people actually from Thailand and the food is prepared quickly, tastefully, and it is reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I remember telling our very capable and friendly waitress that my food was the best I have had in WNC. I ordered Pad Thai with tofu, and it was delicious. The flavors were pitch perfect. My husband ordered Chicken Fried Rice and agreed that it was the best meal we have had. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The food is very good. The resturant was packed but the service was great, I asked for extra spicy and is was very hot and spicy.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I have been traveling to the Waynesville and Maggie Valley area for many years and we usually go there several times a year. One evening we were invited out for dinner with some friends that live in the area. They were raving about the "new" Thai restaurant on Main St. and how we just had to go there. Wow are we glad we did. Starting with the service, the appetizers and the entrees, this place is a real find. So much so that we have since been there twice for dinner and once for lunch. I like my food spicy and they were happy to accomodate me. The food wasn't hot just for hot sake, but very flavorful. When we're in town, this is our favorite restaurant.

1  Thank Likestotravel100
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Having traveled extensively throughout Thailand, I have found there are several regional variances to Thai cuisine. The Waynesville Thai Spice restaurant reminds me of the North Eastern area of Thailand which happens to be my favorite. We found all of the dishes to taste like those we have experienced in NE Thailand. The food was excellent and the service was great. The spices were perfectly adjusted to everyone’s preference which ranged from no spice to Thai hot (which can only be appreciated by those who can tolerate extremely spicy foods). They even went the extra mile to make something not on the menu by cutting up some chicken breast, breading and frying it and serving it along with some white rice for our four year old grandson. It is great to have a restaurant of this quality in the Waynesville area. Our only regret is that we found it at the end of our month long visit. We are already looking forward to returning next year. I great find that should be added to your things to do list when in the Waynesville, Maggie Valley area of NC.