“Good, BUT...”

Cafe 50 on Main Street
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Serving breakfast and lunch with local produce and fresh not frozen products. Menu includes biscuits and gravy, homemade corned beef hash, omelets, french toast, quiche, burger, BLT, Reuben, Stuffin Turkey, hand-cut fries, soups, salads and daily dessert. Cleanest restaurant in Waynesville. Open for Sunday Brunch 9 am to 2 pm offering selected breakfast & lunch items all day, Monday,Tuesday,Friday & Saturday 9 am to 2:30 pm serving breakfast and lunch. Come enjoy our casual and friendly environment with original local artists' work displayed on our walls.
The Gorge
“Good, BUT...”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We ate there 12/17/12 at lunch and the only diners at Noon. Our drinks were served & the coke had to be sent back because the mix was not right. My tea was a day old but didn't complain or ask for another drink. The burger and ruben were good, however they put "8" french fries on my plate and 9.5 fries on my friends. They were not particularly large fires either. Pretty stingy if you ask me. The bill was $27+ for sandwiches, drinks and a tip. Not really worth it. Never again for me, too many other options out there.

The waitress was very nice, food was good, value was terrible, the atmosphere was OK. It seemed rather cold to me, green walls, matching tables(mostly) and original artwork on the walls but it still felt very institutional and cold.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Non_Reving

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Tiny portions, not prepared well, very overpriced. Cool coffee, tepid gtits, microwaved bacon, pre-frozen doughy biscuit.

• Visited November 2012
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hubby got the sourdough french toast, three yummy slices with two strips of crunch bacon... I got the scrambled eggs with grits and bacon with a biscuit. The grit portion was very small, but very good. The bacon was nice and crispy, the biscuit was heavenly. Agree the portions were not huge, but the food was very good, and more important, not like all restaurants... it was extremely clean, which I love. Will go back again. Our first visit was for lunch, I had the thanksgiving sandwich on sourdough (toasted), it was especially good!

• Visited November 2012
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Perfect sandwich!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stopped in here with some friends while we were visiting Waynesville during the arts and crafts festival. We were famished and the reuben sandwiches here was to die for! Yummy!

Visited October 2012
Madeira Beach, FL
“2 meals both pretty average”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

While I like the concept of fresh foods and locally obtained produce, I'm not sure this place is anything above "average". Dined with 3 others and all meals were O.K. Rueben sandwich was sort of greasy. Chef salad - while fresh and lots of greens, had little substance.

Gave them a 2nd chance with a breakfast visit and had the quiche, which was reported to be the "lightest & fluffiest in the county". I love quiche, but, didn't love this one. It was light and fluffy, with a nice crust, but, had little flavor. The texture was close to whipped cream.

Service was good on both visits. Coffee is very good.

Visited October 2012