“Great start to the morning.”

Cork & Cleaver Steakhouse
Ranked #53 of 121 Restaurants in Waynesville
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South Main Street
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent selection of breakfast items and cooked to order omlette's. Great, friendly service even with some of those difficult, picky guests.

There are newer reviews for Cork & Cleaver Steakhouse

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I visited the buffet breakfast twice while I stayed at the Inn. It was nicely presented on a long buffet table and there was an omelette station avaialble on the first day. There were no markers to designate what was in each closed container so I played The Match Game for the grits, sausage and bacon. The juice machine was dispensing colored waters that did not taste fresh.I requested a bacon, mushroom and cheese omelette. While waiting for it to be prepared I noticed there was no bread for toast. There were plain bagels near the toaster and some small pastries that looked as if they had just been taken out of cellophane wrappers. They were dry along the edges. The biscuits were similar to the supermarket "Grands" I've got at home.The omelette loaded with burnt bacon chips was greasy and not appealing. The fresh fruit salad I had selected the first day was at least 24 hours old. The second day the fruit salad was definitely a canned version with cherries and soft little bits of mashable fruit. I would have appreciated good coffee, but the coffee, although copious, was bland and weak. I had better coffee in my room. The servers are quick to remove used plates and deliver the check with a blurb about the tip. If this restaurant had served a McD's Sausage and Egg Biscuit I would have enjoyed it more. As it was part of my stay package I would not complain to the management, but if I had been charged the full value I would have had a reason to.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was recommended as a pricy place, but I didn't consider the prices to be bad at all. I wish the service could have been more attentive, but the food was pretty good and the apps, were actually better then the dinner. And, a large portion. Drinks were good as well. I will go back.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This could have been an excellent dinner if the service would have been up to par. That's why its only a very good rating.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Entire meal was fabulous. I had the best Salmon I have ever eaten. My husband said the steak was incredible. Great wine selection too.

TWIfoodandbeverage, Director of Food and Beverage at Cork & Cleaver Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your kind words in regards to your recent visit to Cork & Cleaver. The Salmon Duo is one of our most popular dishes and everyone knows that a great steak cooked perfectly is one of the finer things in life. I am truly happy that you were able to enjoy your meal with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Nate Sullins