“Get The Ribs”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you like local B-B-Q then this is the place for you. We stop by every time we are in the Maggie Valley area. The staff is always friendly and the food is always great. Baby Back Ribs are the best. Sides are fresh and BBQ beans great. Best B-B-Q in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Odd location - looks like it was a big department store at one time. I had a Ribs combo - with turkey. The Ribs were EXCELLENT - fall off the bone tender and the sauce was outstanding. They turkey was a little more bland. My wife had a 1/4 chicken and felt that it was a bit dry - but adding some of the killer BBQ sauce did the trick. Both of us were unimpressed by the potato salad - but my wife liked the cole slaw and I thought the beans were good.

Service was outstanding - was quite busy on the Friday night we were there - and service was still friendly and prompt. Would recommend if in Waynesville and looking for a solid sampling of Carolina BBQ

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hot, fresh, perfectly cooked ribs, chicken, brisket and pulled pork. The salads are very good, too. This is a great option for nights when we don't feel like cooking.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is the second time we have been to Fat Buddies, the first time this year. It is still as great as last year. I had the baby back ribs and at my coaxing, my wife had the brisket. Both were excellent and the value to cost couldn't be better... (unless they were free)! LOL The ribs are fall off the bone tender, and the brisket is cooked to perfection. Wonderful sides, great fries, they baked beans are to die for! Service was spot on. If you are in or near Waynesville, NC, GO TO FAT BUDDIE'S!! We may even be there when you are, because we will be going back OFTEN!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A group of 20 of us visited Fat Buddies last night. The table was ready for us, we were greeted immediately by a server took us back to our table. The rest of the group arrived shortly.

The restaurant is clean, the service fast and friendly, and I need our waitress, Brooke, to tell me how she can serve so many people and get all the orders right and in front of the correct person. It was the same when it came time to give us the bills.

Fat Buddies is one of the few places where the tip is not added to the bill and I know many of us tipped generously because of how well Brooke did.

All of the managers are friendly and will come to talk to you if you ask.

Our group visits there about every 8 weeks throughout the year. In the winter our group is usually less than 10 though.

Thank you Fat Buddies managers and staff for having such a good restaurant in Waynesville where the prices are reasonable and the food is plenty.